What are you stitching at the moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

wow! it's looking good, and that's quick!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Not fair Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: You get to do so much and the rest of us are very jealous. How do you find the time to get so much done. I guess if I wasn't on here I could get more done though. :oops: Oh well it is nice to see your progress. Looks very nice so far.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Denise wrote:It's looking fine, at least you've attempted evenweave, I haven't braved it yet

Denise
xx
Much prefer sewing on evenweave and linen, especially when I am doing a large or special project. Only really use aida for little designs, for cards or the like or when they come in a kit. But I have to admit that sometimes I have swopped the aida for linen/evenweave if it is a special design.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Much prefer sewing on evenweave and linen
Me, too. It's the same technique; the only difference is that you go over two threads instead of one (unless you have fabulous eyesight and/or want to make a teeny weeny piece lol ). And the fabric will look as beautiful as your stitching: try it and see. 14ct aida = 27 or 28 ct evenweave or linen. Easy!

I'm working on a hardanger bellpull on linen and it's a joy to work. (Given up on the owl temporarily; beginning to think it's jinxed... :? )
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

[/quote]
I'm working on a hardanger bellpull on linen and it's a joy to work.[/quote]

Now that is something I have always fancied doing but have never had the courage to do it.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have never tried the evenweave although I have seen it in some of the books I get. Is it pretty much the same price as the aida cloth? I really like to work on aida, I have a whole drawer full of different colors. I am thinking of doing some place mats for my future daughter-in-law as a christmas present. She likes yellow and I found some nice stuff on e-bay. I think I know what I am going to put on them but I am unsure how to finish them. Have any of you done place mats and if so how did you finish them once they were stitched?
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I have to say... aida is so much easier to stitch on! But I'm starting to get the hang on the evenweave now. I've only stitched on it a few times before (a sampler and a UFO! lol!), so it was a bit daunting.

I do about 2-3 hours a night of stitching whilst watching telly. Some nights I do none, if we're watching a good film (like yesterday... we saw the new King Kong).
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

stitching again, love the matching angel youre doing....

As you know I did the christmas one also, its in my gallery. Was the matching one also in the world of cross stitch mag, if so, please can you tell me which magazine it is, I would love to stitch the matching one also.

By the way I also agree with what everyone has been saying about eenweave. I stitched my angel on it, and it was the first larger project i did. I found it was much easier to use that i had thought. I did practise doing a small card first so i got used to counting. I made alot of mistakes on the card, but then i didnt make a single mistake on the angel. I was pleased how well it turned out.

Like the others say, I would swap and use evenweave in the future for projects now ive found its striaghtforward to use.

Now tried linen yet.

by the way, where do you all buy your evenweave from, Ive noticed it is quite expensive online, but Im beginning to think its maybe a standard price....
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

The matching angel is found at http://www.mirabilia.com/designlist11b.html (just click on the 2000 cherub, and on the bottom of the pop-up is link to download the chart for free! Love those freebies!). I changed the colours on her to match the other one, as I figured I'd give both to my parents for Christmas. All I'm waiting for now is my threads to arrive - so I might actually be able to finish it! lol!

I've never bought any evenweave... I once won a whole stack of them! Ahhhh... love those winnings too! lol! So I wouln't have a clue where to get them for a good price... but I'm sure there are people here who knows!
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Thanks for the link, but I cant get it to work :cry:
It just says theres an error on the page and wont let me click it.

I guess its my computer, its plating up lately. But its a lovely design to get free!!! and hopefully i will eventually be able to download it.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Purple-Footprints: You'll need adobe acrobat to get the file. You can download it for free here (remember to un-tick the two free thingys unless you want them!) http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

If that doesn't work, I'll be more than willing to print out the chart and sent it to you! Let me know how it goes!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I am presently working on a Huck Towel for an exchange, I downloaded the pattern a while ago from a free site (I cant remember where though) and I don't have a pic of the finished piece (the chart is b/w), so I am enjoying the unveiling of the colours. I have put a pic in my gallery since I dont know how to get something in a post.[/img][/url]
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

mauveme, the detail in the flower is fabulous. And what lovely colours. 8)
StitchySal

Post by StitchySal »

I'm stitching The Kingfisher in flight :) it's a Heritage stitchcraft one i think :wink:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

StitchySal wrote:I'm stitching The Kingfisher in flight :) it's a Heritage stitchcraft one i think :wink:
I've done the Owl in Flight! They are gorgeous!!!
alannah

Post by alannah »

Im stitching The Enchanter by James Himsworth, Dimensions. About 3/5ths of the way through!

I have already done Midnight Enchanter and Alluring Sorceress in the same series

:P [/url]
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

This is now my current project... I braved the Nightmare Closet, and found one of my UFOs. I really don't want to start another Christmas one at the moment, as I don't want to be interupted with the moving and all.

So, back on again on the Poppy Field I was last night. No stitching tonight though, we're seeing a subtitled film, so I'll have to be consentrating on the subs!

Rose

Post by Rose »

I am still working on my angel but as she has so much blendinf of threads I am not taking her with me on the trip. I am starting on the paying project. I have finally gotten the pattern how I want it and picked the material. I have for the first time used the fray stopper that was suggested in another thread here. I am not surwe if I like it but it is working. I will post a picture of how much I got done when I an\m back. I think the most time I will have to do it is on the flight up and back and during our lay over in Seattle. Two hours to sit should give me a bit of time to stitch.
photostitcher

New cross stitch

Post by photostitcher »

I have put a picture in my gallery of the cross stitch I will be starting on Saturday.
lindagibb

Re: New cross stitch

Post by lindagibb »

photostitcher wrote:I have put a picture in my gallery of the cross stitch I will be starting on Saturday.
Have had a quick look, one word - challenging. Keep us posted with WIP