What are you stitching at the moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Post by Rose »

Tesha, what program did you say that you use to make the pattern for this picture? I think it is a beautiful picture and the tones are just right for what you are doing. They are a bit muted because of the black back ground but I think that once it is done the color will come out a bit more.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

Hi, Debbie
Thank you, I should admit I always buy the patterns of the palette consisting almost exclusively of grey and brown :roll: (Lanarte Angels, for example, were bright brown too). But if you ask me I would tell that I like bright colours, I can't explain the lack of balance between preferences and acts.
Dear Rose,
The picture Baby was actually designed by Russian painter Alina Ilyina, it's from the collection called Sweet Dreams. They also have Child http://b.foto.radikal.ru/0604/40082ab4f6b7.jpg and Madonna with a childImage
I like the collection and hope that my result will be better then the process of stitching as you said, Rose :)

Thank you all for moral support, Ladies! :oops: :oops:
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Tesha, I think the baby will be wonderful! And what a truly amazing gift to give!

I have finished the Santa down the chimney, and I've now started one of the freebies that Tesha posted!
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

The finished project will be stunning! Well done and good luck!
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

This is how far I've gotten on the lovely freebie one so far:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Ok... this is supposed to become an angel... I just haven't gotten as far as the wings! lol! i'm also hoping to stitch a matching one (there's another one similar to this one, and I got the chart somewhere).

catkin

Post by catkin »

She's beautiful. You seem to get through a lot of work.Do you stitch each day and how long for?
I'm doing the Beloved Santa kit from Dimensions. I try to do a bit each day but it's slow going. It's on dark blue 18 count aida.

Joan
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Ouch... 18 count... and dark aida!

I stitch for about 3-4 hours a night, while we watch telly. I never stitch during the day, unless it's my partners day off and he is watching something on telly.
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

Fisrt, she's looking lovely...I think I have that chart, too. A freebie, was she not?
Second, wow, you stitch at night! I can't, bad eyesight...sigh..
Third, how do you resize the photos to put them in your message? Please tell! :lol: :o
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I was lucky enough to win a daylight lamp once upon a time (there's no way I'd ever pay nearly £200 for a lamp!), which is of fantastic help when it's dark!

I got the angel from a magazine, but... *searches web* Found it! Yes, the one I got from the magazine is there too, and so's the matching one I got plans to stitch (2000 cherub)

http://www.mirabilia.com/designlist11b.html

As you can see, I changed the background a bit, as I didn't like the green grass as background (she's holding a Christmas tree... so there shouldn't be any grass! I was thinking of making it into snow, but decided for all black instead).

I normally take a piccie of my stitching with our digital camera, and then resize it in PhotoSuite4, which is refreshingly simple to use (biggest I make the to go into a message is 300 x less than 300)! lol! And thank goodness for photobucket... again something that's so simple it's done in a jiffy!
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

I too mostly only stitch in the evening whilst watching the tv....

I too have a daylight lamp which makes all the difference - i used to get eye strain, but dont at all now.

I found an advert to join 'readers union, craft club' on the back of a magazine. As Im sure you all know these sort of clubs always give you a great introductory offer to tempt you, and then you ahve to commit to buying something out of each catalogue for 4 months, after which you can cancel membership.

I bought my daylight lamp cheaply on this introductory offer, its rrp was £100, and i got the lamp, a load of threads, a book of pattern for cards, a load of fabric, and i think there was something else... including p&p for £33 Althought this was a lot in one go, I have to say that just for the lamp, it has been a worthwhile investment.

I have to say the month to month items are quite expensive, but some things i got have been good bargains. and i guess if you have some friends who might be willing to buy an odd item one month, then its a very worthwhile to get a lamp!!
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

purple-footprints wrote:readers union
That's the ones I won the lamp with! They were celebrating their birthday, and had a competition to enter, got 1st prize! *gleams with pride* Of course I cheated... as I stitched them a brithday card as my entry (this also works for all the competitions in the cross stitch mags... stitch them a card for your entry, and you're more likely to win!).
purple-footprints

I feel very embarrassed at the moment as Im stitching so many at the moment....

Im doing another ballerina, similar to the one in my gallery for another budding ballerina friend of my daughters for her birthday.
Im also doing a wedding one for a freind whos getting married in the summer.
Im also working on a bathtime rules one for myself and the kids in hope they might get the message on how to leave the bathroom a little tidier.... Im not holding my breath thought :wink:
and Im about to embark on a small project, stitching a small horse head to attach on a photo album for a freinds kids who love horse riding. I thought it would be a nice gift for them to keep their photos in.

I will show pics when i finally complete one of them"!!!
Denise

Post by Denise »

i'm a member of readers union as well, lol

denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
purple-footprints

p.s congrats on winning that 1st prize!!!
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Well, I've now gotten this far on my matching angel... and I've run out of thread! lol! Grrrrr... and no-one around here sells the Madeira Silk threads... so this time I really have to order! Anyway, this is how far I've gotten...
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Just finished the third dragonfly picture that I started in the beginning of Febuary. Hoping to get them to the frame shop this week. Going to start on another Hummel, Fair Weather, the match to Stormy Weather which I have already done.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

As I cannot finish my angel (nor the Ice Princess yet! lol! But I have ordered threads now), I have started on the funky Santa design!

Here you can see how far I've gotten up til now... it's taking me some time though, as I'm stitching on evenweave... and I'm not too good at it! lol!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Looking Good, Linda
Linda
Denise

Post by Denise »

It's looking fine, at least you've attempted evenweave, I haven't braved it yet

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)