What are you stitching at the moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

carriel1975

Post by carriel1975 »

I'm working on HAED Inspiration, just finished Celtic Noel.

Sorry I dont know how to post a piccie on here :oops:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Go to Welcome strand and pick the thread about the Gallery. Our favourite orang has all the info on posting in the gallery.

We all love looking at everyone's stitching.
sarclanat

Post by sarclanat »

At the moment i am stitching an animal sampler for my son, almost done, but mostly i do large Lavender nad Lace designs, just love them
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Someone on a different thread (Becca?) was curious about L&L. I was trying to find a reference to the new (European) colourway for Celtic Autumn, but couldn't find it. Have I imagined this?
Becca

Post by Becca »

Nope wasn't me
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

well... this is how far I've gotten on my Snow Princess... unfortunately I've run out of most of the colours! lol! :lol: But I will order them probably later this week, so hopefully next week she'll be back on track... until then I got lots of metalic silver so stitch on her, so I'm sure that will keep me busy!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Looks like she's going to be beautiful
Becca

Post by Becca »

Update on my tiger, this was taken a few days ago so i've actually done a bit more now

StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Wow! I knew the front was gonna look fantastic! He's beautiful! Well done!

Myself, I'm stitching a picture of a Christmas stocking at the moment... It's a bit of a pest, as it has quite a few fractional stitches, but to compensate I omitted the metalic threads! lol!
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

oh my goodness, How is it possible to stitch so much so quickly. I didnt think i was that slow at stitching, but compared to you Im very very slow.

Seriously how do you manage to stitch so fast?
catkin

Post by catkin »

I'm almost finished my V&A Indian sampler however I may have run into a snag as the gold metalic Madeira which I have been using is almost finished and I went to the shop yesterday and they are not stocking it any more :cry: That happens all the time here not only with stitching stuff but with groceries etc. one min.they stock it next they don't with no explanation. Very annoying.
I don't think I stitch very fast. Maybe we should do a test to see how many stitches we can do in a certain time. could be interesting. :wink:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I've finally finished the picture of the stocking (curses all fractional stitches)... and I'm now stitching this Santa going down the chimney... which is a delight to stitch! No metallics, no fractional! Only whole stitches and a few backstitches!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I am finishing up a bookmark for an exchange then on to my morning glory bellpull to finish then back to the plack piece ugh. Linda
Linda
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

Hi everyone. you have the right idea about doing the Christmas stitching now. :) I love everyones projects that they are doing. The Snow princess looks beautiful StitchingAgain. I hope to get some projects going or finished so that i can put them in a gallery for you to see. 8) happy stitching everyone.
Purplegirl

Post by Purplegirl »

I am supposed to be stitching a dog I converted from a picture for my Aunt, but keep putting it off (I started it around this time last year). I have recently sewn a little Santa on Roof kit I was given for Christmas, a Tatty Teddy kit I found in the loft and an All Our Yesterdays tiny kit that came with one of my mags.
I will have to get back to that dog soon!
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

That's what I'm busy with for about 2 weeks. It'll be a present to my little daughter's (she is 2 and a half years old) teacher. I think that the way children soul looks like whether they grown up or babyborn. The colours are shady as on an old photo, I like it as image but when I started to stitch the baby skin colour seemed to me a little bit flesh-colored and grey. I prefer fresh and rosy babies :lol: What do you think? Image
The result shoud be like that Image
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
Denise

Post by Denise »

I've not stitched anything flesh coloured but i did have a x-stitch that looked more colourful on the front of the packet than when i did it...it will still be absolutely gorgeous once it's done though...you'll need to show us the finished result or put it in ur gallery....I've finally started my 'Grandchildren are flowers' for my grandparents. I'm hoping to have it finished in july...fingers crossed anyways

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Tesha, I think it will be beautiful and very striking in the sepia tones. That's part of what will give it a timeless quality.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

Serinde, you are right, but the picture colours do not reflect what I see. I tried to make another picture with flash gun. I hope the stitched baby will not be awful http://a.foto.radikal.ru/0604/50a80fa421a0.jpg
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

tesha

it looks absoutley gorgeous now i can't wait to see the finished product. i wish i could do something like that but all the same colour tones distract me and it takes too long to do to one as i usually have to bread the project up. How do you do it got any hints that you can give us

Debbie