What are you stitching at the moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Ive just finished another ballerina i was doing for another one of my duaghters ballet friends. I ordered a mount for it, and will collect it next week, and then will frame it myself. I'll show you a picture when its framed.

Ive now started on a wedding one for a friend of mine whos getting married soon; so not long to stitch it. The chart is all in black blue and red, and its driving me bonkers!!! I dont think it'll work to photopcopy it coz of the colours and the design of symbols theyve used - but if anyone has any suggestions Id appreciate it!!!

Still working on my bathtime rules one, but as thats for me I keep putting it down to complete gifts for other people that have deadlines.
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

Ooooh i love all this discussing of what you are currently up to! Its facinating to see peoples projects emerge.

I am stitiching Tuscany, the long tall thin one of fields, i'm sure most of you will have seen it in the mags, it was very popular for a while. I started last week and am 2/3 of the way through as i am on holiday and can spend all day stitching! (especially as the world cup is on and the telly is hogged :P)

On the subject of fabric, i stitched a couple of projects on evenweeve and now it is my fabric of choice for projects! I like the feel of it, i don't use a hoop and so you can get your hand round the back easily and its soft and when the piece is finished, it doesn't look so holey where you haven't stitched.

I have another project on the go at the mo that is being stitched on linen. I don't like this as much as it is stiffer and not as nice to look at in my opinion but still interesting to stitch on when you are very used to aida.

Laura
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

I just van't seem to keep to one project. I have five on the go right now ( started a new one last night) i just can't seem to keep interested in the same project as the ones i am doing are not easy. Like the wolf with only 30 colours however they are all shades of blacks and grey. then there is the woodland fairie on 25 ct linen that i have never used before and i must say i don't like it that much i preferr adia cloth. I just started a tiger last night that is so much easier but then i only got 12 stitches done and then stopped as i wasn't interested any more> What is happening to me!!!!!!
Can any one Help me

Debbie
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

I think it's normal! I often have many projects on the go to keep me interested especially if certain ones have restricted colours. It's healthy to want to start loads of designs as they catch our eye or enthusiasm. I would jsut pick the one that you most fancy at the time and do a bit one evening and then another the next. It will take you ages to finish them but it will happen eventually!

Laura
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

I agree, try doing about a half hour's work on one of the pieces, or perhaps more, and you'll see that soon you'll be finishing them up, one by one. I only have one medium size WIP, the Sunflowers (in my gallery), but I haven't done anything on it because I had to do some other stitchy stuff. Now that I have the time, I've lost interest in it! I'm halfway through with it, and there's quite a bit of colour changes in it, and now the upper haf is almost all half-cross stitches. (and I'm itching to start on another kit I have stashed away!)
I hope you get your interest back in your UFO's, and put up some photos of what you've done. (that sometimes helps)
:D
Denise

Post by Denise »

I'm really strict with myself and only allow one project at a time, if I get bored with it I just give myself a break for a few days and then go back to it. I'm nearly finished my current wip just working the back stitch and if I keep going at the rate I am will have it finished in the next few days. I then have to figure out my new phone and how to download it from the phone to the computer and show u all the finished week. Wip now too big to go on scanner :cry:
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
purple-footprints

Laura, that is nice work!

Im so jealous of the stitching time youve had, and how much youve managed to get done.

I have deadlines for my study - in fact Im going away twice in august, so to keep up with my study I have to get way ahead, so I can get the assignments done.

I got my last assignment back last week, and I managed 92% and i wasnt feeling well when i did half of it!!!! Im so pleased with that score. It should keep me motivated for the next assignments, but i keep feeling that pull to stitch. And by the time Ive got my kind focused Ive missed out on valuable time on both! <sigh>
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

I can totally empathise with you there. I just finished my three year degree and the last few months were total hell! I literally didn't go out of the flat for about 7 weeks solid whilst doing my dissertation and exam revision. The minute it was all over one of the first things i did was pick up my cross stitch!

But to keep motivated i knew that i had to do well to get a good job and afford all of my cross stitch supplies lol (as well as other stuff :P)

It sounds as if u are doing ok though! That percentage is pretty high. I'm curious as to what you are studying?

Laura
Happy man on the moon Image
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

PurpleF, that's a tremendous result. And Loralou is right. Sometimes it's so hard to concentrate (why are exams always in May and June??), but for a couple of months of sheer hard work, you have a passport to a lifetime of possibilities. You obviously have the correct attitude :) because you are looking ahead to make sure you can have fun and do all the work you need to do.
One friend of mine, now a consultant physician, used to mark in her diary all the fun things she wanted to do -- dances, concerts, night out with the girls -- and then figure out how to fit in her work around these highlights. Obviously, it worked for her! :D
purple-footprints

Hi,

Im doing a BSc hons life sciences degree, with the open university. This year I was doing oceanography, but dropped out last week as i was too far behind and knew i couldnt catch up. This leaves me with biological psycology this year, all about the brain and behaviour. The OU like to be different and we have exams in october, and summer is usually the peak of the work load, both in amount and complexity. In september I shall start a small short course, the fats of life, all about different fats, this will lead on to next years summer school.

Next year I plan to do another brain related course called signals and perception, all about the 5 senses, and a residential summer school all about the physiology of adipose tissue (thats basically 'fat'). The following year I plan to do molecular cell biology, and anothe summer school, all about what causes human diseases at a molecular level. And assuming I pass all that I will then graduate :lol:

Its really hard work studying at home on your own, Ive been doing this degree on and off for 10 years now, And Ive had enough and want to be finished now. I was going to have a degree in natural science until they changed what courses counted towards it, but im happy with life sciences.

sue
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

Well that all sounds extremely impressive! And sticking at it for 10 years is also a something to be proud of. All the modules u are doing seem to sound a lot like the ones my partner took for her Human Biology degree, and she found them no walk in the park. So good luck for all your upcoming exams!

Laura
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

The boards are sooo quiet at the moment! I finished my Tuscany design, picture in my gallery now.
Looking for another one now.... i love being able to choose a new one!

Laura
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

I'm finished one Margaret Sherry's cat, roly Purry. You can see it in my blog.

And I continue stitching my Mistyc Stitch, there is thousands of stitches left! :D

See you!! :wink:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

This is what i'm stitching at the moment... lol! Yup... not much to see so far, but the thing in the background is supposed to be trees, and the grey in the front is a mans upper half. Where the white diagonal line is there will be a fishing pole. It's called Fishing and is by Anchor.
purple-footprints

Laura - yes much of what Im going to be doing, and some of what i have already completed is human biology based. And you areright it can get very technical and complicated. I did in fact log on to do some work using the cd rom that came with the course, but alas i popped in here and now Im all distracted!!! And worse then that, Ive been to the gallery and just looked at stitching again's latest, and i want to do my stitching and not study.... in fact even more the that I want to watch wimbledon.....!!!! aagghhhh..... who would be a student!!!!