E-BAY

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

raelou

E-BAY

Post by raelou »

I just wondered if anyone sells on e-bay,I have bought some mags on there, but how is it to sell,I have some old craft mags I'm thinking of putting on there . Do you have any stories good or bad?
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i sell on ebay..it's ok..there are a lot of fees..lol..sometimes it makes it not worth it.
i have made a good deal of money..

my one story that is great..
I put a completed piece up (the chocolate one) for $10.
well after the 7 days, it didn't sell..so I reduced it down to $5. and relisted.
still didn't sell...so then I put it up for 99 cents...
well by the time the 7 days were over, the bidding went up to $15!
$5.00 more than I originally wanted for it.
not only that..3 of the people that bid on it..wanted me to stitch it again..and I sold each of them for $10

so for stitching 4 of them, I made $45. and each one only took a day and a half!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Well, here's a story for you.....

Earlier this year I was given some old (some were VERY old!) magazines by one of my assistants at work. She's moving house and has been having a clearout. Both she and her mother were Royal School of Needlework trained, and she used to have her own stitching shop, so I've been getting lots of luverly stash! :twisted:

Anyway, back to the story....I posted many of the mags, in bundles by title. I listed them all for £.99 + p/p just to get them off my hands. To my utter amazement one bundle of 11 Antique Sampler and Needlework mags sold for a staggering £156!!!! I just sat there with my mouth open in shock! :shock: :shock: :shock:

After the payment cleared and I sent the mags, I sat panicking for days waiting for the negative feedback that she's somehow been cheated for paying so much, but no...she gave me excellent feedback.

I did say to my assistant after that, 'Listen sweetie, you need to be selling these for yourself' but she was really happy for me that they sold for so much. Oddly enough, she hasn't given me any more mags since! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
raelou

Post by raelou »

Oh wow they are really good stories makes me want to do it,I'd see what DH says and I think I'll give it a go :D Thank you
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Go for it, just make sure you make enough to cover your postage and selling fees. :D

At the same time I listed a Stoney Creek chart booklet, Tales of the Sea. I've relisted it several times with no luck. Go figure! Still, it might make it's way into the chart swap pack when it gets to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

let me know of your auctions too so I can take a look! lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Me too, I'll def have a look. I'm about to sell some things for a friend of mine that is an ebay virgin and very scared, I'm taking 20% just for taking some pictures and answering any questions!! :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:

It'll be the first time I've sold anything, but I buy LOTS!! :twisted: :lol:

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
crossstitchpro

selling on ebay

Post by crossstitchpro »

You can try to sell almost anything on ebay, but the question is "What are people buying?"
Before I list, I take a look at what auctions are finishing in a few hours. The ones that have bids on them are the types of items that are selling.

If what you are wanting to list really isn't selling on ebay, you might want to try another way to sell your extra/older patterns and mags.

I've listed on ebay quite a lot. Some things sell and some things don't. I've found it worth my while to check out what's really selling before I list.
www.crossstitchpro.com
Hundreds of Patterns to Download.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

I don't do cardmaking but I know there's such a huge market out there. Your mags look in really good cond so I think you've got a really good chance. Good advice from crossstitchpro though!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go