What Are We All Working On At The Moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Love the design, coffee_freak. I'm still working on the Eva Rosenstand bell-pull as a main project, but am being diverted by lots of other lovely designs - mainly because of people on this forum - naming no names! :lol:

Serinde - what is the design of Venice you are stitching? It sounds fascinating, and I love anything historical.
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is a great finish I like the lettering. I will look great as a welcome plaque.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
raelou

Post by raelou »

That is really great wendy, I love the house has a cottage feel,Well done
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

thank you all! i've stitched the person's name and a pink heart on each side of the name to fill in space..
now I have to sew on the back blue fabric and going to sew in a blue ribbon for the hanger..
ah i'll just photo when all done..
but that's what I'm working on now..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Serinde - what is the design of Venice you are stitching? It sounds fascinating, and I love anything historical.
It is a DMC design taken from a mediaeval manuscript lodged in the Bodleian museum at Oxford University. I can't find any date, unfortunately, although I have looked! I bought it on sale in about 1998 (hence a previous cry for help finding beads, which are now not available). It is not difficult to stitch, and uses some wonderful techniques to give depth (like using half-cross stitch for backgrounds). If I had realised quite how much gold thread (not blending filiment either) it used, I might have paused for, oh, a minute. It's actually a stunning design, to which I hope I can do justice.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Lovely coffee freak, I love the colours, they blend beautifully. What a lovely present, I agree with Raelou, it has a rel cottage-y feel. Well done!!

Serinde, your Venice project sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see finished result!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
whiskers12

DMC Colours

Post by whiskers12 »

If anyone else would like the same DMC colours pamphlet that I sent to Echidna just PM me with your address. I only have two left at the moment, but I can easily get some more.
crossstitchpro

What are you working on now?

Post by crossstitchpro »

I just finished an antique seed packet design. A pic is in my gallery. There's 4 veggies in this set. Corn, watermelon, tomato, and carrot. I'm starting the watermelon today.
www.crossstitchpro.com
Hundreds of Patterns to Download.