What Are We All Working On At The Moment?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ekidna

What Are We All Working On At The Moment?

Post by Ekidna »

I am curious to know what you are all stitching/crafting at the moment. I'm doing a Sarah Kay design (i've put up in gallery) and now that my new frame arrived in the post today [yippee!!] I'll be starting one of my Australian Heritage Houses as soon as I can!!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

I'm doing the Somebunny to Love picture from Cross Stitcher issue 173 for my 7 year old daughter Layla. When it's done I'm going to send a picture to the mag and see if I can get it printed and maybe win some goodies :wink: I've been entering their competitions for years and so far have never won a thing! At least now you can do it online instead all those stamps! :roll:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
Alexanie

Post by Alexanie »

I'm doing some wedding motifs at the moment to choose one for a wedding card. And I have to finish a winter scene from Cross Stitcher issue 178.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Ooooh! Love your avatar Connie.

All of us working on Cross stitcher mag designs!

I've never won anything either, fingers crossed for us this month! I'm going to send them a pic of my fairies, but I noticed that they already printed 2 pics of people who've finished that pattern, so I don't know if I'll get anywhere!

Also they only seem to print pictures with people in them, and I hate having pictures of myself, need to find some cute little kid I think to hold it up, can only help my chances!! :twisted:

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Stitchindude

Hawaiian Legends Logo

Post by Stitchindude »

I'm working on a logo called "Hawaiian Legends" that I photographed off the back of a t-shirt that I purchased in Hawaii. After I photographed it, I ran it through my PCStitch7 program and it made me a beautiful chart. It is a little slow going as it is on black.
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I am almost done my purple pears, just filling in the background, you know, the boring single colour that uses up 2 skeins of floss!! But I should have it done by Friday. whoohoo. After that I am starting a lighthouse. I ordered the pattern online and am just waiting for it to come anyday now. I hope.
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am finally able to work on the last square(that I have to stitch) for my mom's quilt. I started it Sunday but I am having a bit of a problem.

I use the Q-snap frames and they are great, but I ordered the extention so that I could work the whole pattern. The problam is the large frame is making it hard to hold. I don't use a hoop frame as they all have been to tall for me. I am very short and my stitching chair is low so getting a frame to work for me has been elusive. I think I am going to have to go back to my smaller frames and move it around.

Oh well I will figure it out.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Just finished stitching a freebie from one of the Cross Stitcher magazines. Started it as I was waiting for material I had ordered from Silkweaver to arrive.
It has now arrived and I have to make the decision which colour of material do I use to do my Arabian Woman and Moorish Woman. Ordered two colours as I couldn't make up my mind which colour was best from the photos. Even though I have the threads sorted out still can't make up my mind, have a stitching pal coming to visit tomorrow so will get her opinion.
whiskers12

Magazines

Post by whiskers12 »

Ekidna wrote:Ooooh! Love your avatar Connie.

All of us working on Cross stitcher mag designs!

I've never won anything either, fingers crossed for us this month! I'm going to send them a pic of my fairies, but I noticed that they already printed 2 pics of people who've finished that pattern, so I don't know if I'll get anywhere!

Also they only seem to print pictures with people in them, and I hate having pictures of myself, need to find some cute little kid I think to hold it up, can only help my chances!! :twisted:
I know what you mean. I sent a photo of my first big design into several magazines and the only one that replied was Cross Stitch Crazy, and they couldn't print it because I emailed several magazines, and they only print letters and photos solely sent to them, which is a load of **** because I have seen a) the same letters and photos printed in two different magazines and b) the same person occuring numerous times in different magazines. Their letters are ALWAYS getting published, they've won competitions and been featured in a stitching diary.

Personally I think it's rigged...yet I still buy the magazines :oops: I can't help myself!
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

I'm working on Queen Elizabeth the First from DMC but I am also stitching two baby birth samplers. One is for my third daughter and the other one is for my youngest daughter's sister-in-law. As you can see I have a large family. :D :D :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I am still working on a large poppy design. looks like a botanical picture. 2 coloured poppies and several seed heads, flowers and buds in shades of grey/brown in 1 & 2 threads. Have a look at this web site (I know I've put it up before) and page down to see the poppy pictures.

http://squarenews.blogs.com/linsanslaut ... index.html
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm working on a Hardanger table cloth and a DMC cross-stitch design taken from a medieval manuscript (picture of Venice). Determined to finish these before embarking on numerous gifts and presents! And local show coming up...

Rose, have you looked here for a possible solution to your Q-snap dilemna?:www.qsnap.com/needlework_frames.asp They even have a way to build a frame that tilts!
barbarah

Post by barbarah »

Hi Everyone,
I have just finished a tote bag made of plastic canvas and wool, it has cross stitching and other stitches on it.
I go to craft morning on Wednesdays, and yesterday I was doing some backstitching on a design of santa teddy, getting early for next Christmas.
Have a Nice Day,

Barbara.
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is the site that I get my frames from I have talked to the owner and the floor stand is currently only made for the very biggest frame. I want to get that one when I start quilting the blanket.

I just went back to the smaller frame for now as I want to be stitching not playing with the frame but I will figuge something out. Maybe one day when DH and I are home alone together he will get time to look at it and see what he can build for me. I won't hold my breath but it is a dream. :twisted:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Wendy Wombat, what a lovely poppy design!! :lol: my sister loves poppies, they her favourite flower.

Well, we are all such busy stitchers aren't we!! :wink:

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

At the moment I am stitching several things:

A PC generated design for my boyfriend who is World of Warcraft mad, so I'm doing a pic of his character on 18 black aida, which is always fun :?

I'm doing a cottage design for my parents and completing a colourful poinsetta pattern for my in-laws from Quick and Easy, but Ive run out of thread at the moment, so I'll be buying some tomorrow after work when I go to Spotlight * note to self: Get DMC pamphlet for Echidna*
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(there's no "I'm grinning bashfully from ear to ear" so the really smily emoticon will have to suffice!) Thank-you SOOO much Louise! :wink:

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

When I have a few time, I stitch on Florall Still from Mystic Stitch and in a little SAL organized in a french blog , "SAL Petit Marquoir" (grand sampler it's beautiful too).
If you could see images of the process there are on my blog.

I have another project that I would like to begin at the moment, but I don't know If I could, but I order the fabric and the thread already, by the way...
:D
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i just finished what I was working on

I stitched this for one of my friends (who paid me to stitch) to give to a mutual friend for her anniversary.
I left out the last name which will go at the bottom..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Wow coffee_freak, that's really nice! Well done!