Help, Beatrix Potter!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sybera

Help, Beatrix Potter!

Post by sybera »

Hi All,
I sure hope someone can help me. I'm currently working on a shawl for my new baby (due in June) using various Beatrix Potter animal figures from different patterns, all from Green Apple Inc. Unfortunately now and again, I seem to find the errors / missing bits / etc in these books and although I have contacted the publisher, have had no response yet :roll:
My main problem at the moment is the Tailor of Gloucester pattern (letter Z) in the Beatrix Potter Alphabet book. There is a symbol that looks a bit like a skinny blob with a horizontal line through it (sorry, but thats the best description I can give) which is used on the cotton reel he is sitting on. Unfortunately, in my book, this symbol is not listed in the thread chart! I know it is a darkish pink of some kind, but that doesn't really help me much.
Can anyone advise??! Thanks in advance,
Sybera (Fiona)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I did this pattern some years ago and I still have the chart. I have had a look at the key and I think it is DMC 335. It seems that the symbols for the alphabet are different from the kit which I did, but I was given some time later the alphabet brochure. The chart for the kit uses 761,760 & 3328 for the cotton reel.
Hope that this helps. :wink:
Welcome to the forum too from me in SW France. Good luck with the shawl too.
Keep us up to date with the baby too :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

I'm sorry I can't help you with the pattern problem as I have never done one of these patterns but just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the board. This is a very helpful place and we welcome you to join in often and help us grow.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
sybera

thanks!

Post by sybera »

Hi all,
thanks so much for your responses, sorry, have been offline a few days as my 18 month old has not been well (just a cold, but not sleeping too well, so neither am I). I will follow up on those colours wendy, thanks a lot. Currently have done almost 4 figures out of 26, so need to get going as only have 10 weeks (max) till number 2 is here.
Thanks again for the help and encouragement, will keep you posted. :)
Fiona
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Glad to be of help. I hope that your toddler is on the mend. :D