Help needed please!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Stitchlinker

Help needed please!

Post by Stitchlinker »

I need to collect a very large amount of anecdotal evidence about the therapeutic benefits of cross stitching, knitting and crochet and have the opportunity to present this to a group of doctors and researchers. Normally they wouldn't take any notice of anecdotal evidence but I've been advised that if I collect a very large volume (thousands, preferably tens of thousands of stories) and document this properly it will be difficult to ignore. So I need the help of as many stitchers as I can muster to make the most of this unique opportunity. To make it easier I've put a form on the Stitchlinks website www.stitchlinks.com. You'll find a link in the top right-hand corner of the home page.
This is a wonderful opportunity to get our voices heard by some of the leading people in a number of medical fields. My ultimate aim is to get stitching and knitting recognised and prescribed by doctors and other healthcare workers as a valid tool to help manage a number of conditions.

Please help if you can.

Thank you
xxx
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

This is a good cause. Can I suggest you also petition the stitchers at Nordicneedle.com in the US? They are running a thread in their online sales newsletter about people who lost everything in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Many, of course, find stitching therapeutic. There are undoubtedly many stories there which will support your thesis that stitching helps in so many ways. Good luck.
Stitchlinker

Post by Stitchlinker »

Thank you for that suggestion

If anyone else has any suggestions that will help us to get the message across to as many knitters and stitchers as possible that would be great.

This is a really exciting opportunity and we are already beginning to attract the attention of doctors and psychologists who are world experts in their fields.

Thank to everyone who fills in the form.

xxx