Hello everybody!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sheila Hudson

Hello everybody!

Post by Sheila Hudson »

Hello Cross Stitch Forum mebers,

My name is Theo, I am Sheila's son and am creating this post on her behalf though hopefully Sheila will become more active in these forums as time go's on.

For a first post its a bit of a downer but we (sheila hudson designs) would be very grateful if anyone here could provide us with information about bootlegs apparently out of Australia of my mothers designs.

Its wonderful that there is such a market for the designs that people think it is worth ripping us off however my parents are the ones who have put everything on the line to make this venture possible and we cannot afford to be undercut by illegal and unscrupulous traders. We are a cottage industry and any loss is difficult to absorb.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

-Theo
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi Theo -- and Sheila. If you've been reading around this forum, you will know that regular posters take a very dim view of breach of copyright and general piracy.
I don't think anyone has yet asked for a Sheila Hudson design here, but I think I can speak for everybody who usually posts that we will let you know if that happens.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome from Canada. I have just visited you mother's site and her work is just gorgeous. Does she only sell onlt kits or does she sell the charts as well?
It's a shame about the copyright breach, I hope you can get it stopped.Takes only one jerk to ruin it for the rest of us. I know that some freebie sites have stopped because someone started kitting up the designs and selling them.
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

The colors of the designs your mom makes are great. They jump out at you and grab your attention. They are lovely.

As for the other part of it I am on 3 different sites and ALL of them are very careful about copyright. There are written explanations and time after time reminders that copyright is a serious consideration when asking for patterns and help finding freebies. Most legitimate sites are this way. I hope your family can survive the criminal element. Good luck
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Sheila Hudson

Post by Sheila Hudson »

Hi guys, Theo here again.

thanks for the support and your compliments!

with regards to charts, they are for sale on their own and the site will be set up to do that asap, but in the mean time if you drop us an email, via the form or the email address in the contact (i think?) section of the website, we can sort something out.

thanks again,

-Theo