Stitcher's Holiday

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Stitcher's Holiday

Post by Rose »

I was watching a program once (don't recall what channel) but what they did was get two busses of quilters and they went all over the place to different material stores and Convention/Marketing Shows. The thing with the two busses was that these ladies went and bought all the material they could find and use for project for the year, then at the end of the trip (I belive it was 7 days maybe 10) they added up the totals of all the purchases and one bus was the winner. It has been a few months since I saw it and I don't recall if they won anything or not but they just had a blast traveling all over together and going to all these different stores and stuff. It was organized by two ladies that owned a fabric store if I recall right.

Wouldn't it be cool to do a similar thing for us cross-stitchers. Someone could look around the area and see if there are any shows and then chart a route to take the busses to the most stores that encourage our craft. Then all of us could spend time doing what we like best as a group. I think that would be a blast. Scrappers have week-ends we could have holidays.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror