Don't you hate it?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Don't you hate it?

Post by Rose »

I ordered a kit from one of my stitching books it said it was a complete kit to make 8 of the snowmen. I understood that to mean that everything was included well it got here and now I find out that the polyfil to stuff the little guys is not there. I went in to my craft room thinking I had some in there from a while back. Well of course no filler so I have to go shopping...yuck I hate shopping, especially at this time of year too many people too many grumpy faces. Besides when a kit says complete I expect it to be complete. :evil: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok I will stop whining now and go get the stuffing.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

And the problem with shopping is that you always buy more than you set out to, if you even remember what you went to buy in the first place, I know I usually forget the reason.
I am going shopping on Monday and I am not coming home until I have everything I need for Christmas. (If I dont post by Wed, I am locked in the WalMart)
Linda
LuckyDice

Post by LuckyDice »

I'm sorry for your kit luck, I agree that it should have EVERYTHING...that's the convienance you pay for afterall. You could go out and get everything yourself, or order the kit and not have to bother. I would also be angry with the lack of stuffing.
Good luck with the shopping...hope it doesn't get out of control! I am proud of me, yesterday we went Christmas shopping, and the only things I bought for the house/us was Downy and Tylenol, I really stuck to my resolve!
KIM
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm off tomorrow on my first Christmas jolly of the season to Edinburgh. :) Always have a good time and usually find what I need, assuming the stamina doesn't desert me. No dedicated needlework shops, alas, since the demise of the Edinburgh Needlewoman so I'm safe on those grounds (only those :lol: )
My motto? Have list, will shop.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Well the first xmas shopping trip is looming, heading to Aberdeen tomorrow with my daughter, Sarah and hopefully will get a lot done but planning to head back in on Thursday to meet up with my son, Will and get Sarah's stuff. Don't really want to do it when Sarah is with me as I want some of her presents to be a surprise.

Have already got some shopping done. What would I do without online shopping.

Will have to sit down today and make a list of what I have already got and what I need to get.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:D You're right Linda, what would we do without the internet :?: :?: We are heading for the UK for Christmas so I have hit Sainsbury's electronically :shock: Soooo easy At least that way I can contribute to the larder and have some of those EEEEEEEEEsentials to bring back to France after. Life without Marmite is just too difficult to contemplate. :roll: I have written my cards and made a small quilt for my grand daughters dolls pram. Last night I finished the one Christmas card I decided to make this year for my daughter. :D
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Wendy like you when I am home in the UK always have a shopping list of things to take back to Bahrain with me. This time when I go back it will be Haggis and a few things that are local to where I live.

Having spent the last two days in Aberdeen I have most of the shopping done, just one or two things to get but these can be bought at home so can get them anytime.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:evil: I've had to unpick a whole section of kloster blocks because I had made not one... but two... mistakes, the result of which was to make the design's outline meet perfectly. Had me fooled... until it was time to join it up with the other section of the design AND IT DIDN'T MATCH. Took ages to discover exactly what I'd done. Then had to unpick (and on linen). Phooey. However, better finding both errors NOW then later at the cutting stage, I guess.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

You told me once to keep at at it Serinde. One of my early, maybe even my last :( attempt ended up with a whole heap of thread and a rather large hole :!: I keep the remains in my work bag to remind me. :wink: I have made small errors which can be rethreaded in the woven bars too.
Still you've let off steam now, and we were here to listen :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes indeed, steam has duly been let off. And, in fact, no harm done to the linen. Just my ego :wink: . I restitched part of it yesterday evening (applying the falling-off-a-bicycle theory), and hopefully will have some time today to make up for lost klosters. :)