re shubha

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sally

re shubha

Post by sally »

:lol: shubhas two daughetrs are in woxs this month well done shubha
hello to all i am a new member and also new to using the computer i like tigers and have 7 on the go with about 15 to do
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

i know this is going to sound stupid but what does woxs mean. I am just a canadian who has never heard of that so can you explain it to us Thanks ever so much

Debbie
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am in the same boat, being a dumb Yank.

Lots of times the expressions we use or some of the abbreviations take awhile to figure out. I am still working on what DH means.

Sorry I guess I am just slow :oops:
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

A sunbaked Scot on holiday would like to know too!!!!!!

Rose, DH means darling husband
Denise

Post by Denise »

I'm taking a guess here and saying that woxs is the 'The World of Cross-stitching'.. I buy it as well, haven't bought it yet so will probably be getting it today, will let you all know

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Thanks Denise for the decoding. It always sounds so obvious when you know the solution.
sally

Post by sally »

:D woxs is the mag world of cross stitching
hello to all i am a new member and also new to using the computer i like tigers and have 7 on the go with about 15 to do
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

yup, that's the one! WOCS...
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thanks all for clearing up the confusion. The DH has been on alot of post but it just never clicked as to a spouse. Boy do I feel like a dumby. :oops:
Oh well we learn something new every day Right???
shubha

hello there!!

Post by shubha »

hi everybody,
sorry :( i did not info everybody regarding me winning a mystery prize again...this is the 3 prize that i have won from a magzine in the last two months... i was earlier in world of x stitching..issue-111, then in cross stitch crazy-issue-88 and now again in woxs-114. :D

i have uploaded a photo of my niece -rachana(meaning creation), and my daughter-varsha-meaning -rain (i had not sent the explanation to the magazine, hence they have presumed them both to be my daughters)

any way, a niece is also like a daughter right!! :)

she is my elder brother's daughter who lives in heilbronn ,germany., same age as my daughter varsha-4 1/2 yrs ,except that she is elder by 10 months.She was born on valentines day in 2001!! she came here for the summer holidays, and this photo was taken at that time!!

anyways, please check out my gallery, i have put that photo that i sent to the magazine!!
thanks for looking!! :wink:

shubha
shubha
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

totally understand rose we in North America have som many different slangs here that i have a hard time keeping up.

Congratulations Shuba you must be so very proud?

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Rose do not feel bad, I too was another one wondering and feeling too stupid to ask.... I kindca figured it must be a'person', but guessed it must be initials or something....

I sussed out the unfinished projects code, but have to confess there have been a few others in the past that have gone over my head!

So at least we are all the wiser now.
Image Image Image