Our beloved cat Abu

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

catkin

Our beloved cat Abu

Post by catkin »

:cry: Sadly today we had to say goodbye to out beautiful cat Abu who has been with us for 12 years. We got him as a kitten when we moved to Dubai. He was always the boss and let everyone know it including the dog. He has been ill for sometime and recently had a third tumor removed from his back. We knew this would be the last surgery as the cancer had moved inside. He seemed to have perked up this week and had started prowling around the house again however this morning I could see all was not well with him so took him to the vet and left him so he could be xrayed. The news was not good so we decided it was time to let him go.
He will be missed by us all.
Joan

There are pictures of Abu in my gallery. He is the brown and white cat.
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

That is very sad news to hear. Losing a pet is losing a member of the family and i am sure that many people will have experienced the same feeling of loss.
But at least you know that he is out of the misery of illness now.

Laura
Happy man on the moon Image
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

So sorry to hear about Abu. Have been wondering how you were doing as I have noticed you haven't been posting recently. Thought something was up.
As Loralou say he isn't suffering anymore and I would say that is something you wouldn't have wanted for him.
Take care.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

thats very sad news, i feel for you. 12 years is a long time with lot of good memories, remember him fondly and know you made the right decision for all concerned.
I'll be thinking of you during your grieving, as loralou said all pets are family memebers and need to be greived as such.
take care.
Sue
photostitcher

Post by photostitcher »

I lost a hamster when I was 7 and I thought my world was falling apart.

I have recently inherited my b/f exs cat as she moved into a top floor flat and even though he has only been with us since january the thought of losing him hurts big time.

My thoughts are with you and I hope you find some comfort somewhere in knowing that he is ok now where he is.

I am very sorry to hear your upsetting news. :cry:
catkin

thanks

Post by catkin »

Many thanks to all for your kind words. Abu was the most vocal of my cats so the house is much quieter without him. I take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering.
Joan
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Oh, no.... I'm so sorry for your loss. As I have no children, all my pets are my "babies", and I know how hard it is to loose one. *hugs go out to you*

Here's a little poem... that might make you feel a lot worse - for them to make you feel a lot better. I sobbed my eyes out first time I read it... but it's the sweetest thing I've ever read.

I got no idea who wrote it, so I cannot give a name (believe me... I've tried to get it, in the end I gave up, it must be one of those that just float around).

They Say Memories Are Golden,
Well Maybe That Is True...
I Never Wanted Memories,
I Only Wanted You.

A Million Times I Needed You,
A Million Times I Cried...
If Love Alone Could Have Saved You,
You Never Would Have Died.

In Life I Loved You Dearly,
In Death I Love You Still...
In My Heart You Hold A Place,
That No-One Can Ever Fill.

If Tears Could Build A Stairway,
And Heartache Make A Lane,
I’d Walk The Path To Heaven,
And Bring You Back Again.

Our Family Chain Is Broken,
And Nothing Seems The Same...
But As God Calls Us One By One,
The Chain Will Link Again.
tab72

Post by tab72 »

I to am sorry for your loss :cry: i also had bad news on friday about my cocker spanial dog called sam he,s 13 yeasr old and also has a tumer under his front leg and have been told it's just a matter of time as nothing can be done for him. I lost my other cocker nearly 2 years ago to cancer to he was only nine and we ended up saying good bye to him, so know how you are feeling. :cry: :cry:
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Tab72, sorry to hear about your sad news and hope that when the time comes for Sam he doesn't suffer too much. Thinking of both you and Joan at this sad time for you. Take care.
Rose

Post by Rose »

:cry: Sorry to hear of your loss. My oldest cat is 11 and we have had him since he was born it will be very hard when he leaves us. At present he is health and active but we can tell he is starting to show his age.

ALL pets are part of the fanily unit and when we loss one it is a terrible thing to endure. The poem that has been posted is beautiful and very touching. Thank You
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Joan

As you know i myself lost my cat lady on June 4th so i feel your pain. Here is an excellent website that really helps in those low times

www.petloss.com

They even have candlelight services for you pet.. Just give them your pets names and a candle is lite in that pets honour

If you ever need to talk. Email me

Debbie
Denise

Post by Denise »

I know how sad it is to lose a cat, I've lost quite a few over the years and remember feeling so inconsolable but it does get easier even though everytime it does happen it feels like the first again as each pet have their own personality and quirks....losing pets is just as bad as losing a family member, after all they've been in ur life for such a long time. I went to a spiritualist church with a friend a few years ago and was asked if I'd lost a dog recently which I had, I'd lost a black lab in the previous June..I was told it wasn't a black lab and was told it was a black and white medium size dog. It was my dog Tanya that I'd lost when I was 15 years old. I'd had her since I was 1 year old. I was told that she was following me around everywhere and where-ever I stopped she either sat or lay down beside me....That made me happy as anything..so just remember the next time your walking thru ur house and u trip over nothing....think...was it really nothing or was it one of ur pets saying 'I'm still here'

Denise
xx
Last edited by Denise on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

My co-workers and friends think i am a pro at lossing a pet as i have lost 7 in the last year and half but beleive me it never gets easy i have just learn that you never get over losing them you just used to living without them and no matter what anyone says it sucks big time :cry: :cry: :cry:

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Thats absolutely true!
Image Image Image