Isn't it funny

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Isn't it funny

Post by Rose »

Isn't it funny that we are all stitchers and have been for a number of years, (At least most of us) and yet when we see other peoples work and how they have done something we are amazed at how nice the work. We go to each others galleries and OHHHHHH and AHHHHH over the work and yet if we had the pattern and the time we would be able to do the same thing. Yet when some one tells how nice a work we have done it's like, "really do you think so?"

I don't know it just struck me as kinda funny how we take our work for granted and yet want to tell others how Fabulous theirs is. :?

Ok girls I am off know. Alaska here we come HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

Rose: have a good trip and tell us about it when you return. :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Rose, you are absolutely right. I suppose we have all been brought up not to blow our own trumpet, yet what we achieve has real value and merit. We all do beautiful work, sometimes under difficult circumstances. Never underestimate the creative spirit of women with a needle and thread. :idea:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Amen sisters.!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Yep agree with you Rose. Have a good time in Alaska with the family and let us know how it went when you get back.
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

I suppose when we see a piece, we KNOW how long and hard it would have been to acheive and that is what we feel when we look at another persons work. What we achieve ourselves we do out of real pleasure, and we respond to that.
It is true that every design could be reproduced by anybody, but would take a lot of investment, and so that is the wow factor i think.

It is nice to receive compliments though! (especially when you can't give them to yourself)

Laura