What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year?

Post by poppy »

My Rainbow Fairy is a joy to stitch and this will be the first thing, I will pick up as soon as I can. Next, I have the Angel of the Morning chart and threads (+ the beautiful special threads for this project, which Sally (Squirrel) gifted to me) to stitch. I am really looking forward to starting this one. It will take me a while to stitch but after that, it will be the Paris kit from John Clayton.

Are you better organized than me and managed to stitch lately?

What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year? :D
Last edited by poppy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Nicola Main

Re: What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year?

Post by Nicola Main »

I'm totally obsessed with my Bothy Threads Wrendale Designs kits. I hope to finish Mavis ('Curious Hen') before the end of the year and then I will be moving on to 'The Lookout' which is a Barn Owl amongst poppies. Really looking forward to it as it will also be my first project on my new Elbesee floor frame which I'm getting for Christmas :whoop:

Here's to another great year of stitching in 2018! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Gryff & Luz, next year, the year after and probably 2020 too. New ones will have to wait a good while before I decide what to do.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

each time I think of order I intend to do my projects, I find by the time I get to move on to another one I change my mind so will do whatever I feel like stitching when one project is completed. Will go with the flow, ,maybe have a drop more of the Scapa from Scapa Flow Wendy introduced me to in the Stash & Grab :lol: Maybe a drop or three of the Highland tipple will get my mind into gear, worth a try anyway :lol:
Del
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

The Silhouette Angel Tiffany gifted me over 12 months ago; finish Brooklyn's Stocking and maybe do the one in a recent issue of WOCS which is totally gorgeous. Plus lots of little ones so next Christmas I will have some stash for cards. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I have two big projects on the Go!
Humphrey Hare which is just waiting to have the blackwork border to be completed and a lovely 2 Robins picture that Debby sent me.
I'm hopeless at posting piccies up of WIP, but I will get them up as soon as finished! :wink:
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I'll keep on with Color of the Wolf by Eran Fowler. If I manage to finish it before the end of the year, my next project is Realty by the same artist.
ImageImage

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope my stitching bug comes back soon. It's been on vacation since right before my niece's wedding. Partly because I discovered a pretty cheap drawing app and have been playing with it on my iPad. Mostly doodling. And also because Miss Laverne has decided that the best place to sit is not in my lap, like a reasonable (is there such a thing?) feline, but up on my chest directly under my chin. Hard enough to doodle, but stitching is impossible.

Having said that, I plan to continue working on Dancing with the Cat, O Kitten Tree and will be starting a wedding sampler (picture to follow) for my grandson who will be getting married at the end of May. Also going to try to do a little on my "on hold" projects and who knows what other things will pop up?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm hoping to finish my leaf samples for the Tree of Life and get to work on stitching the complete tree, and also my two goldwork designs of a parasol and an umbrella.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

My priority is to finish GK Cat in a Window. I've been focusing almost solely on it for months now (although I'm currently taking a break from it until the new year) and I only have about 50 whole rows left to do. Once I've finished that, I'm planning to start a rotation of my HAEDs and WIPs and maybe get another finish in by the end of 2018.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I'd like more time to stitch! but i want to crack on with Last Look and ive recently started Look back in Anger max colours so.....

niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you so much for all your answers: it is fascinating how many different projects, we all like. :D
Looking forward to seeing them all on the forum throughout the New Year.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

For 2018 my biggies have been put away, I would like to finish something in 2018!
So I am working on Snow by Maxine Gadd (I have already almost finished a page) Gamer Noveau by Medusa Dollmaker (another almost page finish there too) and a QS, Clara by Hannah Lynn I've put just a few stitches in.
I will upload progress pics in January when I have these page finishes and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's 2018 stitching too :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Compared with mine, Napoleon's plans were really modest. :D

I do hope to stitch the "Cat at the Window" series from "Merejka"- all the three of them.

I also have another series of three projects from "Merezhka" :"To every newly wed lady- a house, a chest and a cat".

A new "edition" of "England" tablecloth (the old one is too small for the new table).

A couple of Easter towels for presents, a few WIPs to be turned into finishes, a few UFO's -into WIPs. Lilac in a vase for the soul, "British Waterways" for the heart. There will be some birthday presents (at least a kit or two)... :ratherbe:
Lyudmila
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Grand plans, Lyudmila! Hope they all work out.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I want to finish things! Not much hope for Christmas Fairy (HAED), but perhaps another couple of pages? Seeing things through from start to real finish — not just finishing the stitching, but making up the piece properly, whether that’s framing or construction is certainly a goal. I have half an eye on the local “Show” in August... I’d also like to stitch up Liz Almond’s “Sublime Stitches”, a freebie on her fabulous website, and have the fabric and threads to do it now. Also Mary Corbet’s Trees...

I also was given a regular sized Hokett loom for Christmas (6-dent rather than the 8-dent that I have), so that means more weaving (well, potentially, anyway).
ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

I want to finish Marilyn Monroe, and In the Garret. I want to start Welcome Home by Stoney Creek.

:coffee: :wip:
Marilyn Monroe
In the Garret
Butterflies
Isobel R.

Post by Isobel R. »

I will be happy if I can finish the kit I got from a friend for my birthday/Christmas in 2016. Northern Nights is the name of it, pretty but a lot of small spots of colour so I am always changing.
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hoping to finish my family tree.My next big project is a DMC kit Wuthering Heights.Don't expect to many update as it measures 14" by 17! I may try some rotation with another Derwentwater Designs.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

My stitching bug has taken a hiatus the last few weeks, but not all together a bad thing. My younger son and I have been weeding out years of accumulated 'stuff' and re-organizing things in the house. We've discarded lots of unnecessary items, recycled many books and magazines and finally were able to move things to more logical spaces. I still need to re-organize some of my stitching and crafting stash, but it's now much easier to access than it had been.
My stitching bug is slowly making its return and I'm now working on a Blackbird Designs project that I had started a couple of months ago. After that it will be a Dimensions penguin design that Debby was so nice to forward on to me!!!
Happy stitching everyone!!! :D
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs