What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

nannyrainbow

Re: What are you looking forward to stitch in the New Year?

Post by nannyrainbow »

had some fablous kits as Christas presents but can't make upmy mind which to stitch first - others in stash, esp Elegance of the Orient, had taken thoughts in December but new ones are so good too. Had Kitty Litter from DH as that was top of my list - will leave until summer as some dark areas, best for me to sew them in bright summer day light.
Del
poppy

Post by poppy »

karen4bells wrote:My younger son and I have been weeding out years of accumulated 'stuff' and re-organizing things in the house. We've discarded lots of unnecessary items, recycled many books and magazines and finally were able to move things to more logical spaces.
I really need to do this too.... Well done, you must feel happy about it. You can now stitch in peace and order :D
nannyrainbow wrote:Kitty Litter from DH as that was top of my list
I just love that kit!
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Roland

Post by Roland »

I am hoping to complete Starry Night with TARDIS this year.

Also need to plan and make a ring bearer pillow for a wedding. I still think it should be a hat for the dog.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Roland wrote:
Also need to plan and make a ring bearer pillow for a wedding. I still think it should be a hat for the dog.
And why not? 8)
Roland

Post by Roland »

Serinde wrote:
Roland wrote:
And why not? 8)
It’s an outdoor wedding at a farm. The dog will be in Attendance. The kids will all be involved and the dog is one if the kids. No little human boys to do it either.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I think that sounds like a wonderful fun wedding. And why not have the dog be the ring bearer. I know some that would be a lot more reliable than a few little boys I know. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

rcperryls wrote:And why not have the dog be the ring bearer. I know some that would be a lot more reliable than a few little boys I know.
At my daughter's wedding, the rings were brought by a huge inflatable fish, held on a string by my son-in-law's uncle, who wore flippers and goggles!!!! It was in a quite posh venue ( Beamish Hall in Durham) and it had everyone in stitches!
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Roland

Post by Roland »

poppy wrote:
rcperryls wrote:And why not have the dog be the ring bearer. I know some that would be a lot more reliable than a few little boys I know.
At my daughter's wedding, the rings were brought by a huge inflatable fish, held on a string by my son-in-law's uncle, who wore flippers and goggles!!!! It was in a quite posh venue ( Beamish Hall in Durham) and it had everyone in stitches!
Starting a marriage with laughter sounds like a wonderful idea.