New lamps for old

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

New lamps for old

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I have been lucky enough to get a Serious Reader floorstanding lamp (combined treat-from-DH and treat-to-myself) to aid my stitching :dance: :dance: :dance: . I've got the Alex version, which is not a daylight one but gives a good strong light (the daylight version is another £100 - ouch!) and I'm really pleased with it! And because of a special offer, it came with a free table-top lamp as well, which will be great for when I stitch at the dining table rather than in the easy chair.

However, this does mean that I now have a Daylight Ultimate Table Top Lamp surplus to requirements. It's a great little lamp, it's got a daylight bulb, and the only reason I went for the new lamp is because where I stitch it was on the wrong side of me, and it didn't stretch quite far enough because our chairs are very wide and I like the light to be practically on top of my work :-). The pics below don't show all the attachments/accessories because I never used them, but they are all there (you can see them in the Sew & So link above). If anyone would be interested (probably UK only because of postage, but I'm willing to send anywhere) please PM me.

Image Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Re: New lamps for old

Post by Serinde »

Lucky you! But I'd point out that the voltage means it's really only for UK users...
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good point Serinde - not usable in the US (or Aus/NZ?). I'm fairly sure the voltage would work in Europe, if you have a thingummybob to change the three-pin into a two-pin plug.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

It will work in France and Spain. I've used my lights in both those countries using an adapter plug with 2 pins which fixes onto the UK 3 pin.
I've also changed the UK plug for the Europe 2 pin ones if there is no earth cable.

The voltage is the same as the UK here.

I hope you find a Good Home for your lovely lamp! :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a lovely present from your DH and yourself Mabel. Not sure about voltage here and besides I have enough lamps and magnifiers around. :) I am sure someone will love to get it. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

lovely gift as has been said. so kind to offer your old lamp
Del