Biscornu??

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

nannyrainbow

Biscornu??

Post by nannyrainbow »

Are they easy to make? found cute snowman biscornu chart, Etsy, & I need new pincushion. Saw others I like too, perhaps next year will be a bonanza biscornu making time for me! would like to try something new
Del
wendywombat

Re: Biscornu??

Post by wendywombat »

Yes they are...and great fun to make as well. :dance:

There's a wonderful tutorial I've used here:
https://lhfinishingschool.wordpress.com/biscornu-class/" target="_blank

I've often put dried lavender in with the stuffing material.
Don't be tempted to use cotton wool, the proper stuff is used for stuffing knitted dolls and teddies. Available at good craft shops like Hobbycraft.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I'm the same! Have seen some lovely biscornu designs and would love to try something new but need to get some stuffing material, I have everything else that I would need! Let us know how you get on with it if you decide to do it :dance:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thank you for reply & sending link, most helpful - as is tip for filling & where to buy it. Thought of cotton wool but see it is a no-no :oops:
May have small amount of toy filling from years ago in depths of wardrobe to use first - if not know where to buy it.

Will be a few months before start one, will put update on here when I do.
Del
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

i tell you what is good for stuffing biscorun, ort!!! if you save all your thread ends (ort) then it makes a great biscornu or doll stuffing. ive used it for both and pincushions. sad thing is i dont produce anywhere near the amount i used to!!!

love making biscornu, they seem really hard at first then you realise they arent at all and are great fun. good luck!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I love biscornu! Any square design will do and it means you can experiment with... buttons... And Fizzbw is correct: orgs do make good stuffings, if you have enough, otherwise proper toy stuffing or equivalent. I think I may have some biscornu examples in my gallery.
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

thank you for even more advice. Did not know ends of threads cut off had special name, learnt something new today.

Have lavender so can use that. I give some to neighbour, she makes lavender bags for charity = hopefully I'll have a new use for some next year

Must look at gallery - not been there yet.
Del