Millennium frame with a Lowery stand

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ruthi

Millennium frame with a Lowery stand

Post by Ruthi »

OK, so I am dithering about selling the frame (not the stand, that will go) and wondering if instead it will fit on the Lowery with the extension bars. Anyone doing this? I was wondering if it would work with the very thick rollers that come on the Millennium.
Purple Patsy

Re: Millennium frame with a Lowery stand

Post by Purple Patsy »

I've seen a few people on Flosstube using both Millenium and quantum frames with a lowery stand with no trouble. Though I think they use the frame adaptor rather than the side clamp for larger frames. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Thank you! Thank you!! Purple Patsy. That was exactly what I needed to see!

And I had never even heard of flosstube! Now I even even more stuff to waste time on!
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

No, no NO!!!!

The Millennium frame I have is the longest they make, but with only the short side pieces (it came as part of a package from Fleabay) so I thought i would treat myself to one the correct size for my WIP that will take me another year to finish. Then reading the site carefully I find that they quote 8 to 12 weeks delivery on the things that they actually allow you to order!

I'm amazed they have any customers at all! And although the Quantum is a ripoff, and I'm not into encouraging or supporting plagiarism any more than copyright infringement, I couldn't blame anyone who decided not to wait! I may become one of those people. Hubby has just ordered £3k worth of camera equipment, and I rather feel entitled to a little treat for me too. Especially since he is off in a couple of weeks to go boozing with his friends in Japan (he calls it work!) and I will have plenty of uninterrupted stitching time.
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

Not sure if you knew that but I have heard a LOT of people who buy millennium frames wait a year or more for theirs to be made, not the 8 - 12 weeks stated on the website(maybe its a typo and its supposed to read months not weeks?) . Also they're not the easiest to get hold of. I am also amazed they have any customers given that poor customer service

I see you've already mentioned about the Omanik Quantum, which I was going to suggest.

I hope you find a solution to your problem
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Its not exactly a problem! More a meee wantiee thing!

If its going to be a year then I'll go Quantum and sell the stupidly big Millennium frame! That is just silly!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Ruthi, Call Needleneeds!!
I wanted shorter rods for my Millennium frame ( I have 16" and wanted 8"rods) They were in stock and with me IN France 2 weeks later!! :applesauce: They were very helpful and the cost of sending out here was not too much! What they say on their website isn't always up to date! :roll:
fccs

Post by fccs »

I will never buy from NeedleNeeds again. I love my Millennium but love my new Quantum just as much. It’s not just the time it takes to get the Millennium, it’s the complete lack of customer service.

Buying the Quantum is no different than buying a different brand of a Qsnap type frame. No reason to feel guilty. Go with the product you want. Only you can decide if a long wait and total lack of communication is worth it to you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Well, I tried phoning today. No-one answering the phone on the three occasions I tried.

I also looked the company up on Companies House, and it looks as if their liabilities far outstrip their assets. So cashflow looks like its the main cause of their stupid policy of not making enough to satisfy demand. I looked because I was contemplating trying to buy the business once my current one is sold. But its not a realistic prospect even if they want to sell.

As for buying from them, I'm thinking probably not. I'll try phoning again tomorrow....
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Maybe they were at a show?

I'm sorry you've had no luck phoning!! :cry: I can only speak from my experience. When sending them emails ....no luck what so ever But on the phone I always get an answer...and they ring me back too! Therefore I go back to them, but I can understand your frustration!!! :tantrum:

You could just sell the 30" bars on Ebay or the like and keep the side bars, then buy the length of bars you want.
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Well, I've spoken to them, and they say it will be posted 'in the next couple of days'!!

He talked me out of the longer side arms, so I already have a set of the short ones, and into having bars only just long enough for my WIP.

Extension arms for the Lowery are already in the post.

I'm going to spend my few days waiting finishing/framing stuff I have had sitting around for far too long. Who else finishes a piece but then doesn't make it up or frame it?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Well that's good news!! :dance:

I hope you'll have a solution to suit you very soon! :D
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Hmmm, I'm not exactly filled with confidence here. On Tuesday it was ' a couple of days' and they still haven't taken the money from my card.

On the other hand, in the frames and stands group people are talking about the Quantum not lasting too well.

Decisions decisions.....

And don't tell me I could have both!
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m surprised people say the Quantum doesn’t last long. Mine are very sturdy and well made. I can’t see anything that would wear out. Interesting.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Yes, I was surprised because they look really solid. Apparently its the plastic bits that fail.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

heya, im late to this, but i have a lowery and millenium and a quantum! i cant use the Lowery with the side clamp directly on the millenium as it just slips as its round, so i use the wooden extener and its fine. very difficult to flip though with that on so best to learn how to start and finish on the front!!

the Quantum fits wonderfully as its square, but i may well have to use the extender as i dont have any wiggle room to move my chair sideways to stitch on the right of my project.

the plastic bits on the quantum are a potential fail point, especially if you twist the very tight i suspect, but its worth it to not have the waiting time. i stayed loyal to needleneeds for a while but it got silly. im sure i read somewhere both are actually based on another patent for a slab frame so its not a knock off....at the end of the day customer service counts. ive just received my long long quantum arms...

niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

The bars are here!

I have heard a rumour that NN may be closing down. I'm going to phone and ask.