MacStitch

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

MacStitch

Post by fccs »

Has anyone used MacStitch? I recently switched from PC to a Mac so I need something to replace PC Stitch.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: MacStitch

Post by rcperryls »

Welcome to the world of Macs . I love mine and can't imagine switching back. I got MacStitch when I first joined the forum. In fact wanting a program like it was my reason for first joining the forum. My version is at least 6 years old and I'm sure there have been upgrades and changes since then. I hardly ever use it so I can't really give you good advice. I think Serinde uses it a fair amount. There aren't a lot of choices out there for cross stitch programs for Macs. When I was looking MacStitch was the best option. I think they had a sample program I downloaded before I bought it.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I also went to MacStitch when my PC died. I am not a super proficient user, but it functions very similarly to PCStitch. Also, the folks at Ursa were very helpful and I was able to convert all of my patterns in PCStitch to MacStitch. I paid extra for the printed user's manual and USB back up copy as well as the lifetime upgrades. All that bumped up the price a bit, but I'M OLD and I need a book in front of me to learn things. For some reason, reading off of a computer screen never seems to make near as much sense and reading from a page. BONUS: since it's a UK company, it comes in a padded package covered in neat stamps and Royal Mail marking! :whoop:
Good Luck!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It beats me why there's not much out there in this sphere for Mac users. While it is possible to use the Big Boy's stuff (Adobe products like Photoshop, etc), MacStitch does the job well. It does have it's little quirks, but on the whole it works well. I usually use the online help, but the idea what I could get a printed user manual... :D I have also found Ursa very helpful. I have MacStitch Premium 2014 (ver 8.9.2 or something like that). Suspect I could do with an upgrade...