Prayers for Las Vegas

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Prayers for Las Vegas

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Prayers, condolences & thoughts to all involved. So sad. Hope no one from the forum has family or friends there.

Pray for PEACE in the world, we certainly need it :pray: :pray:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
fccs

Re: Prayers for Las Vegas

Post by fccs »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:Prayers, condolences & thoughts to all involved. So sad. Hope no one from the forum has family or friends there.

Pray for PEACE in the world, we certainly need it :pray: :pray:
Amen to that.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I am so sad to hear the terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved and their families.
I too will be praying for world peace. :pray:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Praying for 'World Peace' is about all the powerless, like us, can do. It is, however, time for powerful in the US to have compassion and start to consider that the lives of their voters are worth more than the votes of the NRA.

Some people will always be sick, jealous or simply inadequate. They will always want to rage against real or perceived injustice and take it out on someone. They will always use the tools to hand to get back at society. The tools have to be made less deadly to everyone else, so the bottled up rage can spill out like puss from a boil and be cleansed, but without hurting the innocent.
We are now seeing the results of the recent US legislator's priorities shown up loud and clear. And it is not what happens in a civilised society. Legislators putting self-interest ahead of lives is the mark of an uncivilised society, and that is what has been happening with regards to automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

I would like to remind everyone of two things:
  1. You cannot shoot someone with a gun you haven't got.
  2. You cannot shoot hundreds with an automatic weapon you haven't got.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Further, Richard: even if each and every person at the concert had been armed (good 'men' with guns), they would have had no effect on the perpetrator of the outrage.

And why is it that the opening phrase of the 2nd amendment is always forgotten? A 'well-regulated militia' is indeed necessary for the security of a free state, and nowadays we call these militia the army, marines, air force and navy plus the national guard and police, don't we?
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims of this senseless act.

Carole
:cry:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker