Just a little update!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kuschelschaf

Just a little update!

Post by Kuschelschaf »

This past year had been crazy crazy! I hadn't been online here or even stitching for that matter.

In December of 2015, I had a falling out with family members and moved in with my best friend and I ended up getting my national pharmacy technician certification. Things were going alright, then in January 2016, I was in a serious car accident. My car got totaled and I was told that I was very fortunate to be alive.

I transferred to a different store for the same company so I had a shorter commute, but was never given the opportunities that I was promised. That spring, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's after an emergency consult with NIH (they called ME).

In spite of all that, I was trying to plan for my wedding, take care of my kitty cat, find a new store to work at in the same company, and find an apartment and new car.

It wasn't easy...

In fact, outside of NIH (I moved pretty far from D.C...) I was hard pressed to find a neurologist that wanted to continue my Parkinson's treatment. Because I am only 30, I keep hearing that I'm too young, even though the treatment is working. I tried stitching but when your hands shake a lot, stitching isn't fun anymore.

In July of last year my then fiancé and I moved into our apartment, and in September we got married.

A month ago, we moved to South Carolina, and things seem to be a little easier for us! I haven't found a new doctor yet, but I'm looking. I'm still with the same company and got a promotion and I've even found time for stitching again!

I missed everyone! And I'm happy to be back!!
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Squirrel

Re: Just a little update!

Post by Squirrel »

Oh my goodness what a crazy time you have had over the last few years and I hope that now things will settle down for you and DH. Congratulations on your wedding too. :lol:
It is great to have you back online and long may you continue to come by and share your stitching and life's happenings with us. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Congratulations on your new marriage! Let everything else fall into place, it's all you can do anyway. If there is a med school within driving distance of your new residence, see if they want to take your neuro case as a teaching tool. You'll be exposed to the latest treatment protocols and younger minds that haven't been indoctrinated yet. Good Luck.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

You have really been through it haven't you. I do hope that things start to settle down for you now. Congratulations on your wedding, I wish you much happiness.
It's great to have you back with us. I hope to see lots of your updates :whoop: :D :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Just up the road from me!!! How do you like Myrtle Beach? I've been through there quite a few times. Certainly not a place that will ever be boring. Can't believe all that you have been through and hope things are settling down. The Medical University of South Carolina is here in Charleston and I guess is about an hour and a half drive. Even if you want a doctor closer to home, calling them and seeing what they have to offer and perhaps to make a referral would be worth the time. But be careful driving. I think we might have the worst driving record of all 50 states! It is so good to hear from you. Congratulations on your marriage and promotion! Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle (Georgetown or McClellanville) some time for lunch.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

Good to have you back Kuschelschaf. Sorry that you had to go through all that. Congratulations on your marriage. Welcome Back! :applesauce: :D

:wip:
Marilyn Monroe
Silver Butterfly
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, crikey, you have been through the mill, haven't you? :shock: It's good news on the job and living front -- many contratulations to you and your new DH!! :whoop:

You should not be hanging out on a limb with Parkinsons, for heaven sakes. :x I really hope you get a good set of physicians and physios that will take you on board soonest. I have a good friend with Parkinsons and there are a lot of effective treatments out there.
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I missed all of you!!

Things are getting easier in the day to day living. DH and I are slowly settling into a routine that works for us.

@DisneyStitcher and @Serinde - finding a good doctor is tough when you've made a lot of progress through NIH and you basically have to start over, but you're right - it needs to be taken seriously and a research hospital should be more likely to look at it more objectively.

@rcperryls- Myrtle Beach is great! I'm not used to being a block or so from the water! I would definitely like to meet up sometime! I also came across the Medical University and once I've gotten more settled I'll go ahead and contact them.
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

So sorry that you have had so much to deal with, but it is great to see you back!! Welcome back to the forum!!! :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

What a lot of pressure & upset you have been under but very glad you got married & are happy in your new home & have a cat as well as a new DH :D Glad you eventually got the promotion you were promised too.

It is so hard when no one seems willing to believe your symptoms because they say you are too young for whatever condition you have. I do hope you can get the treatment you want in the very near future & your health improves so you can do the things you want to.

Look forward to seeing what you are working on when you have time to post them on here. :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers