Thursday (I think!!)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Thursday (I think!!)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hope everyone is OK & those who've had snow & ice are able to go about their day as normal. Hope you have not had more snow as well as freezing temperatures overnight Mabel. A shame about the cinema but you certainly put your extra time to good use. Will we see pictures of your craft room when completed? Hope we do.

Wendy can understand you not sending cards this Christmas. You have certainly had a lot to contend with regarding your father. Lovely for you to make your usual festive phone calls though.

Debbie hope you feel good now your hair has been done.

After I signed off yesterday, DH & I had a doze in our chairs. When we woke he went to make a cup of tea only to find our kitchen floor flooded, water coming through ceiling by kitchen sink from upstairs flat!! DH went & saw neighbour who had problems with his boiler & waiting for housing association's plumber to come out. Then plumber came to us & said he'd sorted out upstairs & he phoned the electrician as water somehow ran along our fluorescent lighting tube too. As electrician would be at least 1 hour decided to microwave the 2 dinners I had in freezer. You would have laughed, I had use of a small bright red metal battery operated tilly lamp, I said to DH I felt like one of the 7 dwarfs & that I should really be singing Hey Ho, Hey Ho!! All was put right later on so we have proper light in the kitchen again.

Got up earlier to make sure no water had come through again, thankfully all OK. Going to buy a few odds & ends now.

Hope you all have a good day without any mishaps :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Re: Thursday (I think!!)

Post by wendywombat »

:shock: That was a shock you could have done without!!! :doh: Still your sense of humour didn't get washed away! :lol: I hope that there is no lasting problem with your ceiling. Thank goodness for Tilly Lamps, eh?

We had lunch at friends' house yesterday...as we both have had the Most AWful colds and coughs ...neither of us were on top form and I'm sure that the food tasted delicious! :wink: We enjoyed being catered for though!
Our friends are off to Switzerland today to meet up with 2 of their children and the grandchildren. Seems that skiing is on the agenda for the 'young' and our friends are being asked along as well. They had us in fits of laughter describing how to fit snow chains on their car, then they realised that they would most likely have to fit them in a blizzard whilst in a sloping lay-by halfway up a hill! They found a very useful You-tube video showing just that!! :lol: Amazing what you can learn on You-tube...not just stitching techniques!! :dance:

Cold here but sunny after high winds and driving rain yesterday.
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Sorry you & your DH are unwell Wendy. Glad you had meal at your friends. Amazing what you find on YouTube. Would not gave have thought of looking up how to put snow chains on car tyres let along when car sloping upwards! Good when everyone has a really good laugh. Hope they enjoy their time with family.

Do you get much snow where you live or are you in a warm area of France?

Ceiling joins & flooring OK thank you. Luckily no water went underneath vinyl flooring which meant we didn't need to ring up our contents insurers, tricky this time of yer when some offices close for 2 weeks. The plumber & electrician who came were both on call over the holiday Plumber looked very tired said he'd been really busy.

Sorted threads last night after the fiasco so want to start stitching tonight. Just worked out which way to go from the middle. Start on her obi upwards - lovely magenta colour & at the very end back stitch gold to accent obi fabric. Bullion stitches make up one of her hair decorations. Managed it previous time so know I can do it again. Had not worked any of those before so was pleased they turned out reasonably well. Will practice with oddments of Aida & threads when I get to that state. long way to go yet!
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
poppy

Post by poppy »

Glad that all worked out ok, Izzi. What a shock at the time!
I am looking forward to seeing the start of your new Geisha :D

Get well soon and keep warm, Wendy! :tea: A good laugh is good medicine :D

My Thursday was pretty uneventful : I cooked then I wrote Thank You cards, while eating some chocolate. The children clubbed together to buy me a tablet for Christmas and I am trying to find the thread on this forum, which explained how to put a chart on my new tablet.
I was so chuffed., I have never had such a big present in my life!
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

poppy wrote: Get well soon and keep warm, Wendy! :tea: A good laugh is good medicine :D

We are improving slowly, thanks! :D

Question?
Why are colds so IN YOUR FACE??? @rotfl:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope you are feeling better Wendy and that all ceilings are in good shape, Izzi and Helene have fun with your new tablet.

Izzy, many long years ago I lived in a second floor apartment. One day when my roommates and I were coming in from somewhere, we noticed that the living room rug was squishy and saw a stream of water coming through the light fixture in the ceiling. The landlord lived on the first floor so we flew down there and he ran up to the third floor. The couple upstairs had just purchased a large aquarium (very large), filled it with water and then left to go get some tropical fish. And the new aquarium started leaking. I have never seen anyone so angry as my landlord. I had no trouble picturing what you went through.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker