Looking to find an old charts from a magazine

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

pollypeanut

Looking to find an old charts from a magazine

Post by pollypeanut »

Hi I'm new on here. After a break from cross stitching I'm wondering if anyone out there could give me some information. I had a series of cross stitch from an old U.S.A magazine I think it was called cross stitcher, it was for an Afghan blanket with old fashioned stores, like the "general store and the drug store". If anyone can give a site where I can buy these patterens or are willing to sell them at a reasonable price I would be interested in them
rcperryls

Re: Looking to find an old charts from a magazine

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I don't have the magazine you are looking for. I'm sure if anyone here has it or knows how to find it, they will let you know. I used to stitch afghans but made my own themes and then fit in the designs I wanted. If you can't find what you are looking for, perhaps you could find individual charts and create your own? What types of designs do you generally like to stitch?

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I know the ones you mean.They must date back about 20 years
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I don't think this is what you are looking for but just in case.... I have a Sep/Oct 1991 issue of Better Homes and Gardens Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. It has patterns for a miniature village that is meant to be assembled in 3-D. They have you using Aida and after it's stitched, you attach it to plastic canvas. There are patterns for a church, school house, one-story house, needlework shop, general store, town hall, and two story house. The roofs and some sides are separate patterns. The front face of each pattern would be a long rectangle with a gabled portion where the roof would fit . (Think a rectangle with a triangle sitting on half of it.). I'd post a picture but I haven't found a replacement for photo bucket yet. If you want to email me, I'll take a picture and send it to you via email. PM me with you email if you're interested.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Cross Stitcher magazine.December 1993 to October 1994.Two designs per issue.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi and Welcome and I do hope you find the designs you are looking for as it sounds most intriguing. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262