Hello again, hello..

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbees

Hello again, hello..

Post by lavenderbees »

to quote the Neil Diamond song. lavenderbee here only I've added 's' on the end as I could not remember pass word & got locked out after several attempts.

Hope you are all well Can't believe it is a whole year since I was last on. Know I joined November 2014 & was posting for 18/10 months. Done a few small gifts as it didn't seem the same not having you all to share with but have started a larger x stitch now.

We still have the same pests, sorry pets :lol: although we did think we might lose our miniature l. haired dachshund last winter but he is still going at 13 years of age. Shih Tzu now 7 & still full of energy. Both cats, 8 & 11 now, are fine. Well & truly have us right under their paws! We've had them 19 months & feels like they've been with us always. Fluffy one still The Boss altho not nearly so aloof as he was when they first came to us. He's turned into a very loving cat - well, when he deems to let us make a fuss of him that is, which is more days than he used to, otherwise he just walks off.

DH & I are OKish, little bit older & little bit creakier :lol:

Take care.

lavender

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
rcperryls

Re: Hello again, hello..

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :wave: :wave: Welcome back!! You have been missed! Glad to hear that you are back to stitching and am looking forward to seeing your new project. And glad to hear that your pests, excuse me pets, are doing well also. I thought was something you could click on to get a new password if you couldn't remember the old one, but I'm not sure. And sometimes a fresh start is good. I've had to make a few of those now and again, and not always on a website. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Thank you Carole. I changed my email address & the one on CSF files was invalid so was unable to reset password :roll:
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Welcome back it's lovely to hear from you again :wave:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back :wave:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

It's good to "see" you again.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Glad to see you back. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Thank you everyone. It is good to be back :D :D

Will catch up wit everyone's projects in next few days.

As for my own work I will post stitch a long pic later as I think I have to submit 10 posts before I can add pics & avatar. Will check later on to see the number I need :D
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

How wonderful to have you back! :whoop: :whoop:
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Welcome back.

I look forward to seeing your WIPS. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Thank you both. Have added pics to my WIP now thanks to Poppy telling me new website for posting pics. :D :D
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Great to have you back!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

poppy

Post by poppy »

lavenderbees wrote: thanks to Poppy telling me new website for posting pics
You are welcome!
I am looking forward to your posts and seeing your projects, as well as Shih Tzu, Well & Truly and Fluffy ( We love seeing pictures of pets, too and seeing how they "help" with our stitching!) :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Back its great to catch up with your news. I am glad that all your dear pets are still going strong and that you are still stitching when you can.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Thank you all.

Polly, Had pics of pets on here when I was on before but closed the Photobucket a/c. Both cats are large boned as well as having too much weight. They do not sit on our laps for more than a couple of minutes.

Mollie the eldest is tabby & white & would have you stroke her all day but she does not like sitting on laps - prefers back of my armchair as she can look towards window to garden & keep an eye on what is going on. She can see enough through the net curtains. Patches the fluffy one, white with black splodges, is thinking of sitting on our laps, stays for about 10 seconds & he's off. Maybe this winter they'll be more inclined to sit on our laps when we're not doing anything. The lady who had them first went into a nursing home & that's why they were in the rescue centre. Were there 11 months as not many people want to pay for 2 cats, especially when they are older. When we came to pay we got the 2nd cat half price. We had to laugh as it reminded us of shopping offers. The people at the centre like updates of them as they had the cats so long.
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I love that your cats are older rescue cats. While I can't deal with the thought of it, should I find myself in the position of needing feline company (Laverne is 17 years old but we are going for the Guiness Book of World Records for oldest cat in history), that is what I would do. Would love to see pictures of yours when you get a chance.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Picture of dogs I took today. Cats is an older one. You can't see silver dapples on dachsy but the colours reallyy stand out when he's been groomed. After next time they've been done I'll post pic

All are rescued pets. Dachsy from 6 months so was still a puppy, Shih Tzu we've had 2 years & cats 19 months.

Dachshund owner bought him for his OH & she left them both! Young man didn't want to part with Dezi but he worked long hours on the buildings so felt it best to get him a new home as none of his family were able to take the pup. As we were retired the young man said we'd be ideal. Several people wanted the pup but he'd only let Dezi go to whoever he thought was best for the little one. He told us that when we
phoned up to ask about the dog that if he thought us unsuitable when he saw us we would not get the dog. A really genuine young man.

Tina's previous owner had dementia & after a while she couldn't cope. Put Pampers on the dog & Tina's coat was matted & filthy dirty. A shame as the lady must have been able to look after her the first few years. That was from a different rescue centre, they had her spayed & they had bathed her but did not want to cut her coat until the stiches from spaying were out. We took her to our local vet for that & they rescue centre covered the cost & also of her first grooming session. Luckily she'd only been in rescue centre 48 hours before we saw her.
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Rescue centres are the best!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote:Rescue centres are the best!
Absolutely!!!!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat