How many projects in rotation have you got?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

Post by poppy »

Is anyone a "one project at a time" stitcher?
I am SO tempted to start another project. My current one is on linen, with pale metallic threads and although I really like it, I long for some colours!
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
kevona

Re: How many projects in rotation have you got?

Post by kevona »

Think I've got 5 started projects. One is a Christmas tree, one is a very large Chinese piece, one is a all our yesterdays number sampler I started for my son he is 12 now so I don't think he'll want it. I've got a flower fairy from 2003 too. And my most difficult piece is a chrysanthemum I started whilst sitting with my husband whilst he had treatment in hospital for cancer. Sadly he lost his battle and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to finish that piece.
I have got quite a few kits awaiting too.
Donna

Pull up a chair and grab a :tea:
http://kevonacrafts.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Definitely one major item at a time although I do have to stop sometimes for a special birthday or other celebration.

Helene Perhaps you could do a few small cards in between or something like that to give you the colours. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I'm a one project at a time girl - with a few caveats. I might have a quilt project AND a cross stitch project going together. And, I usually have an easy (less than 20 colors and a one page chart) cross stitch in a bag ready to go in case of an emergency. That way, if I have to go somewhere that my current project would be hard to work on, I have something to keep me busy. :wink:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I usually have 2 big ones on the go and I try to rotate them.
Then I get distracted and see something that I Really want to do, or pick up a small something! :doh:

Basically I think I'm a Serial Starter and have a box of WIP'S and UFO's !! :lol:

After I finished my Hardanger cushion/pillow cover I went to get out something that had been put aside and found 4 things lurking in my drawer!! :shock:

No Hope for me!! :tizzy:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Never, ever will I be a one-project girl :-) - even though my projects are generally fairly small. At the moment I've got three or four littl 'uns in hoops (a Shisha flower, an embellished butterfly, one of my Tree of Life leaves and an applique experiment), and two goldwork projects that need proper attention.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Two projects. Before starting these two, I only did one at a time.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Before I joined the forum I was absolutely a one at a time project girl. Working on afghans mostly. Which meant that if I got tired of or bored with a particular design I just stopped stitching completely. I laugh and say I thought if I started another design the cross stitch police would arrest me. Then I went wild. And as you can see from my signature I have a ton (feels like it to me) of projects on the go. I now have what I call one major project (right now it is Dancing with the Cat - HAED), which means I stitch it alternating with other projects. Which one I go to depends on which one yells loudest. In between I will do a smaller project, like our current exchanges, a birthday or other gift. I never lose my stitchy bug because he's never bored anymore.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you very much for your replies :D

I am reassured that I am not the only one with an ancient project on the go :oops: I have got a little "Forever Friend" kit started about 10 years ago.

When circumstances are very difficult, you can associate the project with that period of time. So sorry to hear about your loss, Kevona - HUG-
When my husband was very poorly last year, I just could not settle on stitching anything.

I think that I have got a booklet somewhere with numbers and All our Yesterdays It is lovely and may be, will be stitched for grandchildren!?
DisneyStitcher wrote: And, I usually have an easy (less than 20 colors and a one page chart) cross stitch in a bag ready to go in case of an emergency. That way, if I have to go somewhere that my current project would be hard to work on, I have something to keep me busy.
That is dedication! :D
I am not sure that I can do that as I need my magnifying glass nowadays!

:D
wendywombat wrote:After I finished my Hardanger cushion/pillow cover I went to get out something that had been put aside and found 4 things lurking in my drawer!!
But, then you will have 4 projects finishing at once! :D

I think that I will do what Squirrel suggested and stitch a few cards before pressing on with my sampler.
Thank you again.
Hélène

poppy

Post by poppy »

rcperryls wrote:Before I joined the forum I was absolutely a one at a time project girl.
I counted 7, Carole! This Forum is definitively a bad influence! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hélène

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I have 9 started but realised that I wasn't making as much progress as I wanted to with that many on the go so now I just do 2 at a time. I hope to finish all the ones I started one day :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Like Carole, until I joined the forum I wouldn't have dreamt of starting a new project until I'd finished whatever I was doing. At the moment I have 3 on the go. Unfortunately I have lost my stitchy bug well and truly.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
poppy

Post by poppy »

Lizzieh wrote:Unfortunately I have lost my stitchy bug well and truly.
I would love to see some of your creations. May be, posting some progress pics from the last time you stitched will spur you on...? :)
Hélène

Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I agree with Helene would love to see some photos of your work!

I'm trying to think off the top of my head how many I've actually started and I think it's about five. Some can wait but others need done much sooner. I am definitely a serial starter! I have a whole list of Wrendale Designs kits I would like to stitch but really need to finish these ones first :roll:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I'm a one-at-a-timer. I used to have a few projects going at the same time but I never finished anything. I realized that I was just being a serial-starter by starting projects on a whim, but quickly losing interest in them. Once I thought out my projects and stopped starting things on a whim, I settled into a one-at-a-time mindset. I prefer it this way. I can finish things now, and considering my projects can take many months to complete as it is, that's significant for me. Having more than one project in progress makes me feel scatter-brained. (I'm not saying it is scatter-brained to do that; it just makes me feel scatter-brained.)

WIP
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I'm generally a one at a timer because I like to see progress. Having said that, I do sometimes yearn for a change, in which case I will work on a different project for a week or two until I feel like returning to my main project. This all goes out the window when I fall in love with a new design, though! :lol:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest