Riolis

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nicola Main

Riolis

Post by Nicola Main »

Has anyone ever stitched a kit from Riolis? I know they use wool/acrylic rather than stranded cotton and wondered what peoples experiences of stitching them were like? They have some beautiful kits especially the flowers (I love stitching floral designs) :)
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Squirrel

Re: Riolis

Post by Squirrel »

I have done 1 kit and had no problems with it and it looks just like using DMC for the stitching. I try and not look at their web site as it is so enticing. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
DisneyStitcher

Re: Riolis

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I finished the tiger that's kind of looking over its shoulder (I can't remember the name) a while back. Their kits are generous with the thread, I had plenty left over. It is different using the wool blend - "fluffier" is maybe the word. The whole piece feels thicker?/heavier? than my usual cross stitch pieces. They are well designed kits and the materials seem to me to be of good quality. I recently ordered the Vienna Lace pattern after confirming from Riolis that I could not buy the pattern separately. It came in the mail yesterday, and in addition to the Aida and thread, it even came with backing material to make the pillow. That went a good way towards easing the sting of the price of the kit!