Photobucket problem

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Photobucket problem

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Is anyone else having problems with Photobucket? I can upload things, and can see them in my folder, but I can't access them and get the code to use here - it just says "was uploaded by username" (even though I'm logged in) and shows a revolving circle that doesn't lead anywhere :x
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nicola Main

Re: Photobucket problem

Post by Nicola Main »

How frustrating Mabel I'm sorry I can't help you I use Flickr not Photobucket. Hope someone can solve the problem for you xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
mags

Post by mags »

I had lots of problems with photobucket mainly because of the adverts slowing things down to a grinding halt on a free account. I considered paying for it but read reviews that didn't seem to offer any sort of encouragement - so I now use Flickr instead.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Had this problem recently. I wait until the adverts have stopped popping up before clicking to go on to the next section, upload, etc. I usually have to leave the page & go back to it 3 times before I eventually get a picture ready to put on here PB has got a lot worse recently but I refuse to pay to stop adverts. I only post pictures on the forum so I keep persevering.

Perhaps as mentioned on previous post I may try Flicker. Have never used that but if PB keeps playing up maybe that is a better option. Only very occasionally do I get a good run through to the end on PB without having to try several times. I avoid mid evening as I think internet is used a lot by youngsters on their phones, games etc. Always plays up when children are on school holiday.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I gave up with Photobucket earlier this year. It has reached the point where the adverts are crashing IE every 3 or 4 advert changes. I simply log in once a month or so to keep the account alive so I can keep referring to the old photos. For well over a year I have been keeping a text file of the links so I can refer to them without the faff of logging in due to how slow PB has become.

So, Mabel, you are far from alone. I suspect they are killing their business, or maybe finding there was no profitable business model in the service they were providing.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I haven't had too many problems with Photobucket as I mostly load the pictures from my iPad. The advertisements are a pain and are getting worse, I agree, but my major issue is that for some reason, unknown to me, when asked if I wanted to activate Adobe Flash and keep it activated for Photobucket which worked for a good long while, no longer works so I am unable to use the links that show up on the right hand side of the screen, but have to use those that appear under the thumbnail pictures in an album when I am on the computer. Don't have the same problems when using the iPad. I hadn't wanted to try a different site but if I start having more issues with it, I will. Maybe its just gotten too big. I know that their Help is not very helpful. At least not the times that I have tried using it.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I found online that other people had had the same problem, and that "photobucket was aware of it". It has since sorted itself out. I'll stick with them for the moment simply because it would be such a bother to move everything!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page