CALLING JOAN ELLIOT FANS

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

CALLING JOAN ELLIOT FANS

Post by Squirrel »

A couple of days ago I received my copy of World of Cross Stitching mad #254 with not 1 but 2 freebees in it.

There is a gorgeous 'stand alone' chart by Joan Elliott of a beautiful lady in waiting at the court of Marie Antoinette, her dress is sumptuous and I want to start it Nowwwwww - but of course Angel must be finished first so the chart is out sight for now.

The other freebee is a Fuzzy Moon one and it is up for grabs so if anyone wants it PM me your name and address and it will be in the post to you. TAKEN

I might add - for those who know I live down under - that this is the latest WOCX mag out in the UK within the last 2 weeks or so - I get it on Subscription as our newsagents don't stock this mag at all now. I guess someone forgot to tell them it was one of the best ones. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Squirrel

Re: CALLING JOAN ELLIOT FANS

Post by Squirrel »

Well that is strange and never happened before when I have had a subs with WOCS. I checked their website and apparently the mag I described above with the JE chart was last months because 20 min ago our postie dropped off another WOCS mag and it is definitely the latest one.

The 254 one has a bright pink Pelican on its cover if anyone is wanting the chart.

Guess our postal system is more mucked up than I thought it was. :(

WIPS
poppy

Post by poppy »

Squirrel wrote:The 254 one has a bright pink Pelican on its cover if anyone is wanting the chart.
You mean flamingo :D
I have a subscription to the World of Cross Stitching too. I really like the magazine. Even my husband likes to look through it and do the crossword.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Of course it is a flamingo, blame 4 hours of stitching on Angel and/or old heads. :)

WIPS
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Oh squirrel what have you done!! After finishing my Rags to Riches pic I said I would not look for another J E but now I am going to go and see If I can find a copy of this mag :roll:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well it is such an elegant and colourful one I just had to share the information. If you don't get hold of it let me know and we might be able to do something about it next year. -- Yes I did say next year, after Angel I have some urgent other stitching and then maybe JE's one.

WIPS