Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Fizzbw

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by Fizzbw »

ok so...hopefully its the ipad....cant think if having to make the effort to get the chrome book will make me more sociable here....i hope so, its just i can make the ipad more comfortable for me to read.

but im ok, just too much time on facebook and CirrusCreations takes up a lot of my time, but i miss you all very much and WILL come here more often, promises....

niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Great to see you back again fizzbw but sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Hope to hear more from you in the near future :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am also so very happy to see you again and I did receive the pm you sent me after I sent you one to see if I could receive back. But haven't had any more for a while so I think I'm going to have to do a bit more testing also. Don't know which site you've been using for posting pictures, but quite a few of us have moved away from photobucket because its gotten so expensive. I now use Postimage.org which is free and is really easy.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Fizzbw wrote: CirrusCreations takes up a lot of my time, but i miss you all very much and WILL come here more often, promises....

niki xxx
Surely, that's a good thing? Means you are busy and it's all bringing in the odd penny or two, I hope. Still... we do miss you, too! :)

I've used this site on my iPad, and find it's a bit fiddly, so I prefer to use my iMac with the big screen. Dunno about Chrome... :anotherfrog:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great to see you posting Niki and I do hope that all will be well for you soon. It is a right royal pain in the you know where when computers don't do what they are supposed to.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

ive come to the conclusion that the ipad is no go on this forum but im hoping that having to make an effort to get the chromebook out will make me come here more often, but its not that great for my reading issue but ill try and figure something out!

i do most of my ebay stuff on this as well so i can log in at the same time :applesauce:

i have missed you all! yes its great CirrusCreations is going well, ill do a post some point telling you all about it as this is where i started thinking it all out.

i am a bit frustrated at my lack of sitchy time, BUT ive now learnt to use my ipad for the HAED and ob boy its brilliant! so that saves me time which is brilliant. my eyes are still bigger than my stitchy fingers though, still SABLE to the hilt...

niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I read some of the forum posts on my iPad and sometimes reply back but, like Serinde, I prefer my iMac if for no other reason I have a lot less typos, spelling errors and stupid autocorrections that I don't find until after I hit submit.

I love using the iPad for my charts though, especially the HAEDs. I use GoodNotes and it really makes it easier since I'm a cross country stitcher.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Roland

Post by Roland »

I use my iPad for this forum all the time. Not sure why others are having problems.

But I have not managed to use my iPad for my charts. I use hilighters on printed charts...can't find a way to do that on the screen.

~~~~

Don't know if I've been missed, but I'm hoping to be here more regularly. It has been hectic around here. Also, didn't want to curse something by mentioning it anywhere to early.

My son has just obtained physical custody of his three oldest children. When he and X broke up, she said she'd fight tooth and nail to keep the kids. He felt a dirty court battle would hurt them. So...he didn't fight. Courts almost always go for the mom anyway...no matter what. So, he paid full child support, plus bought them extra stuff. Took them for weekends and summer vacation.

And last month she told him he can have them. (She wants to live her pipe-dream and DS will not allow her to take the kids.) so, we have been running around trying to get them registered for school, which is not easy.

So, all registered, and all moved in.

Also on the good news front, my other son's band has been booked for two gigs. Both times they were booked for one set (same as the other performers). The first show, they had no drummer, so some songs had a bit of trouble. Also nobody to help with sound check. Second show, as they were taking the stage, other performers who had heard them already, were gathering in front of the stage. Dancing, and head bopping. It must have felt awesome to them. They are back to writing, hoping to have enough songs to get out a CD this fall.

Gotta run. Hopefully back later today.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

You have been missed!!!! So :wave: :wave: welcome back! Sounds like you have been exceptionally busy and with three grandkids to help look after sounds like you will be busy for a while. Glad that things are working out and possibly calming down. Looking forward to seeing your projects when you get a chance to post pictures.

I use an app called Good Notes for my charts. Most of my charts are pdf format so it isn't too hard to download them. Others I scan into my computer. One reason I like that is I can enlarge or shrink sections as I need to. The app gives me the ability to make notes, draw "paths" and to highlight what I've already stitched. I got a stylus and it works well. The app is free but the free version limits the number of charts at any one time. The paid version was less than $10, but its been worth it for me.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

:wave: :wave: Sorry for not being around much but I've been focusing on crochet mostly. I've also taken up editing our village website on a voluntary basis and it's taking up the one day I have off work each week because it's in a state. Somehow crochet seems easier to pick up. Having said that I've just finished an anniversary sampler for my parents 50th. I'm going to put a photo of it in the Gallery but it's not very good as it was taken on my iPhone.

I'm hoping to do more stitching as I found that I missed it a lot while I was doing the sampler. :)
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

So glad to hear from you! :wave: Welcome back! Remember that when you are crocheting you can show us what you are working on in the "Other Crafts" Section. I know we'd love to see what you are doing. And glad that you are back doing some stitching too!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Thank you rcperryls. I must admit that I had forgotten about the Other Crafts thread.
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

crochet is a lot of fun and heaps quicker than knitting or stitching. I often do a row or three in the early morning before others are up. Tuppy likes to get outside at daylight, which is getting earlier and earlier.

WIPS
Carole

Post by Carole »

Hi all. Just popped in to get some information on something and spotted this thread.

I kind of lost my stitchy mojo (again) and did loads of crochet for a while. I've now got back into scrapbooking after a four or five year gap but am also doing a little bit of stitching again.

I've been busy with work and other stuff and have tried to limit the amount of time that I spend on the laptop too. I can lose hours once I get online and then I think how I could have spent that time crafting instead :roll:

I'll try and get back to checking the forums more often, and hopefully posting too. I've been missing you all :) :wave:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great to see you posting again Carole and hope to 'see' you again soon, hopefully with some stitching. :)

WIPS
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

I've been stitching, or actually needlepointing, for some time already. And knitting too.

"How can you do those at the same time? Don't you have only two hands?" you may ask.

My reply is:

I don't knit and stitch at the same time. I have only two hands and space for one project only at a time.
When I watch TV in the living room, I stitch. And when I am at my computer, I knit. My knitting project is almost a FO, thanks to those programs I watch while I knit. I never expected I could get that project done this fast. But it has happened, and it's almost a FO. The stitching project I'd like to join with this knitting one, that is lacking stitches. So I'd better hurry with it and make sure it will be complete too.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I've been wondering about you recently, Carole, so I am very happy that you checked in and hope that you will pop in now and again. Remember we have the All Other Crafts section and since so many of us participate in several crafts, I know that we'd love to see what you have been doing.

Looking forward to seeing some of your beautiful projects and hearing from you again.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Carole

Post by Carole »

rcperryls wrote:Remember we have the All Other Crafts section and since so many of us participate in several crafts, I know that we'd love to see what you have been doing.
You reminded me that I had a thread going in that forum so I've just updated it with some crochet pretties :D
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

My stitching bug has decided to take a holiday! I think with so many things that are going on in my life at the moment I just cannot concentrate! :tantrum:
Knitting whilst watching TV is about all I can concentrate on....and that has to be easy peasy stuff! :roll:

BUT I do keep popping in most days, mostly to read what everyone is doing, not always to participate!

All I can say is, Thank Goodness for this Forum!! :wub: :wub: I can sit back and watch the wonderful creations that you are all doing, and I won't lose contact!
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hope you get back to stitching soon Wendy. You made that beautiful hardanger cushion for your daughter & it was so pretty in those vivid colours. Also you stitched the book for your craft group friend who was returning to UK so hope relaxing with easy knitting can restart your mojo for all things stitchy.

fizzbw, are you the lady who loves horses? Seem to connect your name with them. Hope you can get back on here soon as well.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers