Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by Squirrel »

and Great to see you back too Liz. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, that is exciting as well as a bit distracting I am sure.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Nice to hear from everyone! :wave:
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

I'm still here. :wave: :wave: :wave: Been "ghostly" viewing the forum. :roll: :roll:
1. Been busy with youngest daughter's "wedding planning", Oct. 13,2017 is the date and everything "now" is set in "concrete" for it.
Her "last nerve" finally "settled down" to say "I do". She's 33 :roll: :applesauce: :D :whoop: :dance:
2. Been busy with helping hubby with his weekly volunteering too at our local Help Center. It "was" going to be 1 day a week for me, he does 4 days, but "now" since Jan., I have been "pulling" 3 days a week, "filling in" for people being sick or on vacation. Will help with their "2nd Harvest " food drive today. :roll: :tizzy:
"Way behind" in my stitching for this year. Planned 9 projects, 2 baby remembrances, 2 baby initial remembrances, 1 wedding, and 4 In Loving Memory remembrances, but "only" have the 4 baby projects "done" and just "started" the wedding this week. "Usually" at this "time" of the year in stitching, 6 months, I have 6 projects done. :roll:
Hope things are "calm" for all.
GBU and yours.

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :D :D :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Lovely to hear from you again and glad to know that you check in and see what's going on. Definitely sounds like you have been very busy and will be for quite a bit longer. There are many times that life has a way of interrupting stitching plans.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

No wonder you are just "ghostly watching" with all that on your plate. Hopefully after October you might be able to get yourself some more time. I hope so. In the meantime "take care and look after yourself too".

WIPS
Athalie

Post by Athalie »

I'm another one who hasn't been on here for quite some time. Due to eye problems I haven't done any stitching in a couple of years but I recently had eye surgery and am due to get new eye glasses shortly. Hopefully after that I will be able to pick up a needle and get on with what I was stitching on. I had been stitching for 71 years without a significant break and have really missed it.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

So glad to hear from you again, and so happy to hear that you have had successful eye surgery. Looking forward to seeing your projects and having you back with us again!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great to hear from you again Athalie and to know that surgery has been successful for you. I am looking forward to getting my cataracts removed in the not too distant future. :)

WIPS
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

How lovely to hear from crosstitcher 1 and Athalie! :applesauce: :applesauce:
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

I am here too. My hands are pretty full. Right now I battle with a gift of which I don't know if it makes it on time or not. Besides, it is only 50% of my original plan. My original plan was to stitch both the man and the woman. Now I've given almost all my time to the man. It makes progress, yes, but slowly, because there are black areas I must stitch with black, and you all know how slow it is. So it may be I may not make it on time. Then there's another present that is almost a FO on my part, but there are some black areas to stitch too. After that I don't want to touch on black for a while. We shall see how it goes.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Hello everyone! It's been a few years since I've posted or even looked at the forum, sad to say... I'm still stitching as much as ever, just spending time on Facebook for my online activity. I do enjoy the stitching groups on there and can look at them, family and animal groups all at the same time :)

I do miss the forum so hopefully now that I've remembered it, I will check in more often. Nice to see all the "oldies" coming out of the woodwork! :)
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello Dana :wave:

I'm glad to hear you are still stitching, it'll be lovely if you can pop in when you can, it's great to hear from you :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

You can do both FB and the Fourm you know :-) - good to see you again!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

So lovely to hear from everyone again. Glad your all doing ok. :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
mysterystitcher

I am glad you all are fine. I am fine too. Stitching keeps going. One wedding anniversary present is almost 50% done. I mean the stitching part. Once the 100% mark has been achieved, I will take it to my local Framing Man. He knows what to do.

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Welcome back Dana!!! :wave: :wave: You have been missed so I hope that you will stick around for a while. Are you still focused on stitching designs with beautiful horses? I continue to be a feline fanatic. Looking forward to seeing what you've been doing!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Thank you ladies! I've been working on a lot of smaller designs ( really need to get back to my HAEDs!) the last couple of years, lots of Blackbird Designs, Jeannette Douglas, stuff like that. If I can remember how to post pics, I'll make a thread with my finishes... :)
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Hi guys! Late to this party as ever....

I am here, as you know my health isn't always fantastic but I started CirrusCreations from here and it now takes up a lot of my time and due to the business I have to do quite a bit on Facebook, but i also spend way to much personal time on there so I'm making a conscious effort to reduce and replace! I am also having awful troubles with posting on the forum and answering pms, they are really erratic and while I've talked to Alex about it we've yet to find a solution. Same with loading pics as well, and it's so easily popped in the too difficult box.

I'm going to try and post this now and see if it will!!!

Biggest hugs niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
mysterystitcher

I am OK too. I am sure you have heard about that attack in my country. I am OK. That attack was far from my hometown. I'm fine, even upset about what happened and sad for all who lost their relatives.
When it comes to stitching, I've kept a break and knitted away. For some reason I've had this crazy desire to knit baby items. That means little cardigans and hats. Yes, and blankets, but this time I don't make them as one blanket, but piece by piece. I am still aware of the presents that wait for their turn. 2 stitched presents are almost FO's on my part, but they aren't there yet. I hope they will get there in the future.

Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

im still here and there, having awful issues posting and sending pms, some erratically get hrough others dont. Alex suggested i make a new account which i did but it happened again. now trying on a chrome book but its a pain in the bum compared to my ipad :D

so i wont say more until it posts...or not...
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village