Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

vanessanjf

Where has everyone gone?

Post by vanessanjf »

Is it just me or have all the regulars disappeared? I remember when I first joined here, there were loads of regular forum users on here. I hope they are all still doing ok and still stitching :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
mags

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by mags »

I'm here :lol:
I had a period of not much stitching after my mum passed away last year. Just getting back to stitching now and posting here a little bit. Don't like to spend too much time looking at the screen and typing. :roll:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I have less time than I used to, but still get on here occasionally. And yes, still stitching. :)
fccs

Post by fccs »

I haven't been on as long as you, but I'd like to think I'm a regular. I, too, hope those who don't visit any more are well. I'm in a few stitching related Facebook groups, but I still really love the forum. I think the contact here is more personal, if that makes sense.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

fccs wrote:I haven't been on as long as you, but I'd like to think I'm a regular. I, too, hope those who don't visit any more are well. I'm in a few stitching related Facebook groups, but I still really love the forum. I think the contact here is more personal, if that makes sense.
Yes I know what you mean. I'm in a few of the Facebook groups, they are great as they get a lot more posts than on here but they are definitely not as personal. This forum is the best :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Chatty Cathy here :oops: I belong to a few FB groups but I hardly ever go and check them as I really love our format and find it much easier to follow. I also belong to the HAED board though I'm not near as active on it as I had been and it really seems to have slowed down a bit.

I think that a lot of regulars either check the forum but don't post as much. When it is an irregular regular's birthday or Forumversary I often look at their profile to see when they last visited the forum and it's often been within the current or previous month even if they haven't said anything. I also think that people don't log in, but check what's going on. Sometimes there will be 10 to 20 guests visiting but only a few members logged in.

But I do often miss the old regulars :( as much as I welcome new friends. :D

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I'm here still.

My stitchy bug isn't as active as it was. I'm re-acquainting myself with knitting but I do pop in here each day, just sometimes I don't comment....but if I don't get my daily fix of the CSF I think I'd go into a Deep Decline! :roll: :lol:
I've made lots of 'friends' here and would hate to lose contact.
fccs

Post by fccs »

wendywombat wrote: I've made lots of 'friends' here and would hate to lose contact.
I feel the same.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm still here, too, obviously. There are some "old timers" I really miss hearing about/from, but life is kinda like that. Anyway, this year we have been lucky enough to have a couple or more returnees, which has been delightful. The forum itself goes through peaks and troughs, too: especially when the weather is good, it's no surprise that the garden or the seaside take precedence over stitching. Although, come to think of it, I take my stitching into the garden... :dance:

And, as WW says, there are some friends here with whom I'd hate to lose contact.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Not an old timer (in terms of time here, regardless of how decrepit I feel), but I do feel the forum isn't as active as it used to be. I feel the same about a few of the fora/forums I visit regularly. I wonder if people are moving on to different forms of social media. If that is so, it'd be a real shame as fora/forums are probably the best way of disseminating accurate information & having a bit of fun too.

I don't go in for the facebook stuff, just not interested.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

I'm still here and do look at the forum every so often, but I now work full time and don't want to get onto the computer when I get home from work. I'm still stitching though and have been working on Rhyme and Reason. I'll try and post an update soon. I love this forum and don't think I'll ever completely lose touch :wub: x
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
agi

Post by agi »

I was away for a while, with university and moving and doing lots of other things but cross stitch. But I am back now and did some stitching too, and oh, it felt so good. And it is so good to be back here.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Aside from a couple of hours on 1 January 2017, I haven't picked up a needle so far in 2017 :shock: ! Prior to that my stitching had been pretty erratic since Summer 2016 and I've been selling quite a bit of my stash. Can't really account for the change of heart after 6 years of comparative stitching madness :lol: , but having The Drawer bursting with finishes that just sit there makes me think my time can be better spent on other activities lol!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Hi Mrs MBK!

You used to be a prodigious stitcher...did you reach burn-out? :doh: I always admired your wonderful work. Perhaps one day your Stitchy bug will return. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :wave: It is so good to hear from you Mrs MBK!!! Sounds like you got burned out. One reason I started stitching afghans all those years ago was so that my stitching didn't go into a drawer, but would either be well used gifts or could be thrown over furniture to hide those kitty scratches :oops:

Does this mean you have stopped producing your YouTube tutorials also? Hope all is going well with you!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I know what you mean Amanda, about the drawer full of finished items just sitting there. I was hunting through one of the drawers under my cupboard and found a few in there I need to do something about - one day. Now I only stitch something that has an end destination other than the drawer. :D

However it is great to hear from you again and I too hope all is well with you.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Roland

Post by Roland »

I find most forums slow down when gardening season starts.

I recently started babysitting five days a week. That means less stitching time and less internet time. When she naps, she has my iPad for her nature sounds. By evening...I have to catch up housework and get sleep.
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

JA Fan here.
I have to admit from being absent from the forum for a couple of years. We moved house almost two years ago which was a big upheaval for me. Not only leaving a home we had lived in for 26 years, and brought our children up in, but we moved to a completely different area. A lot more rural than I’m used to, and It’s taken me a long time to settle in. I’m still working on it, but it is getting better now.

On top of that, my husband retired which is a change in itself. Then, last summer, he had a heart attack which, thankfully, he has recovered from and is now doing really well. In fact, 2016 wasn’t a good year at all with various illnesses and a death in our family.
All this change made my stitchy bug go completely AWAL I’m afraid, and only recently have I picked up a needle again.
I did look in on the forum from time to time, and for the last month or two I have been looking in fairly regularly. I have to admit, though, to being one of those members that have checked in but didn’t log on. :oops: :oops:

As for cross stitch, my stitchy bug has been slowly re-awakening. I started by sorting through old magazines and clipping out patterns I want to do. I found myself wanting to do this pattern or that and ended up with 152!! And 24 of those are Joan Elliott’s. That is all added on to the kits or patterns I already have.
There is no way I’ll be able to stitch all of those. I would have to live to 125 or more!! But my excuse is the same as when we take too much food camping. My husband always says, “Yes, there is a lot, but we have choices!” I’ll go with that. Lol.

I’m currently doing a small Gold Collection Petite to get me back into it.

This forum is still the very best :wub: and I have no interest in joining Facebook.

:wave: :wave:
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

I don't know that I'd call myself an oldie either, but my stitchy bug comes and goes, and we just went through the whole trial of packing and moving (we bought our first house!). And I'm usually a part-timer, but since Christmas up until 2 weeks ago, I've been working 40 hours non-stop which is exhausting. We've had a lot of turn over in my store and it's just now settling down. Maybe. It seems whenever it gets settled, something else crops up. God I hate retail. I love jewelry but man I hate people in general.
Rosheen

Post by Rosheen »

I'm not an old faithful (old yes... :lol: ) but I'm still here. But don't have much to tell. :(
(a boring life... :roll: :lol: )
Love,
Hilde

=====================================================================