Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

tiffstitch

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by tiffstitch »

Rosheen wrote:I'm not an old faithful (old yes... :lol: ) but I'm still here. But don't have much to tell. :(
(a boring life... :roll: :lol: )
Sometimes if things are running smoothly that's easier. more time to stitch!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'm not sure what makes someone an old timer on the forum. I think it is a feeling more than anything else.

I love that you asked the question, Vanessa, because we have had some people who I've wondered about let us know how they are and what they are doing, and hope they will continue to let us know periodically, even if their stitchy bugs have gone on extended vacations.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Hi. I guess I haven't been here in awhile. I'm not sure exactly why, but i'll blame it on having a new(ish) relationship and probably also my normal bouts of ons and offs. I take a break from everything eventually I guess. Now tho he's working a lot and we don't get to see each other nearly enough. Guess I should spend more time here.
I have been stitching a lot. Seems I stitch more the worse I feel and things have been pretty lousy emotionally and medically lately. I finished the US Army Special Forces Crest for the bf that I started last year. He loves it. I'm getting close to finishing Split Rock Lighthouse. My HAEDs are taking forever.
Anyway, I'll try to get back to posting more.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
purgatory

Post by purgatory »

not sure I am counted as a regular though I was at one point quite active in looking on the forum at least but I have not been stitching for some time, mostly my depression and circumstances have left me without the will to do it and then when I have decided I needed to get back into crafting I have picked up the crochet and been busy completing orders for friends and family

I do now and then check in to see whats going on but I too had noticed that the forum had got a bit quiet hopefully people will drift back and it will become a bustling place once more
Finishes 2013

HAED earth mermaid

WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)

HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

dawn0621 wrote:...Seems I stitch more the worse I feel and things have been pretty lousy emotionally and medically lately. ...
Hope you take it the right way when I say
'Hope to see less of you, then..'
Especially if it means you're feeling really good.

All the best with 'life',

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
shazie

Post by shazie »

I much prefer forums. I wonder how we could get everyone chatting again. FB is ok but it's hard to keep up. There are 1000's of members in many of the groups.
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

I know I haven't been around much the last few years. Between going back to teaching which takes up more hours than in a week, kids' soccer and school activities, running a soccer club for 5 years, and my mom's health this year, I haven't had much time to stitch. I'm really hoping to be more active over the next year since the kids won't be playing soccer and we won't be running the club. Plus, if my course load stays the same at work, I won't have to recreate a whole bunch of stuff for the next school year. I do miss being active on here, but I do stop by every once in a while to update a project and check in on everyone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It is so great to see so many coming by and updating their status and hopefully will continue to do so. Thank You Vanessa for starting this thread. You are a thoughtful :stars: for sure.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Yes, thanks Vanessa for asking. I've been trying to update my stitching, but photobucket refuses to cooperate.
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I had to quit using photo by key a couple of years ago. I just upload the photos into my album in the gallery here. It is pretty easy to use :)
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

mags

Post by mags »

I don't use photobucket now either - it was a real pain :roll:

I wonder if others are like me - checking in on their phones and meaning to post when accessing a pc and then forgetting :roll:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

What a great post, Vanessa, it's brought so many people "out of the woodwork" :-)

Wendy Wombat, like you I would hate to lose touch with people here, so I do visit, but I think I've become an irregular regular. I have spurts of Forum activity and then life takes over and I don't really visit for a while. My stitching is equally erratic although I have been designing several things.

Lovely to see you Mrs MBK, jocellogirl and others :wave: ! the wonderful thing about this forum is that it's so frendly and welcoming that no-one makes you feel terrible if you haven't been for a while. It's like really good friend where you just pick up the conversation you left off several months ago.

I am on FB (no other social media) but it's not a patch on the forum as it's so transient - here I can look through threads and see people's wonderful projects develop over time, and it's also much better for longer messages. The Forum is wonderful!!!!! - long may it be a place to meet :toast:

PS recent absence is because of family parties and a visit to the Netherlands - stepped off the boat this morning (having been woken up by the tannoy at quarter past five...)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

mags wrote:I don't use photobucket now either - it was a real pain :roll:

I wonder if others are like me - checking in on their phones and meaning to post when accessing a pc and then forgetting :roll:
Yes, I do that too - although I'm not a old-timer to the site, but forget that I meant to do things all the time! Also, photobucket is a giant pain. I can't figure out how to upload directly from my phone or if that's even possible without using another photo service (and without too much tech-knowledge!).
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

isaacson72 wrote:

Yes, I do that too - although I'm not a old-timer to the site, but forget that I meant to do things all the time! Also, photobucket is a giant pain. I can't figure out how to upload directly from my phone or if that's even possible without using another photo service (and without too much tech-knowledge!).
I do it through the photobucket Aapp on my android. It's pretty stream lined once its set up. Hit upload in the top left corner, select photo(s), then hit the next button, select the album or sub album (and tricky part), the next button is an arrow at the top, then it uploads. I then access it from my computer and copy it here for the [img code. Although I'm interested in looking for a different service. Photobucket's gotten really slow, just little quirks. Probably because it's one of the oldest photo storage websites around.
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

CuriousKitty wrote:
isaacson72 wrote:

I do it through the photobucket Aapp on my android. It's pretty stream lined once its set up. Hit upload in the top left corner, select photo(s), then hit the next button, select the album or sub album (and tricky part), the next button is an arrow at the top, then it uploads. I then access it from my computer and copy it here for the [img code. Although I'm interested in looking for a different service. Photobucket's gotten really slow, just little quirks. Probably because it's one of the oldest photo storage websites around.

I do that too, but the website is so slow and frustrating that I can't get pictures copied onto this site. I don't know another site to use, and I'm not very good at figuring it all out, and don't have much patience, so I just don't do anything.
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

dawn0621 wrote: I do that too, but the website is so slow and frustrating that I can't get pictures copied onto this site. I don't know another site to use, and I'm not very good at figuring it all out, and don't have much patience, so I just don't do anything.
I'm honestly thinking of moving to Drop Box, even though I'm not super familiar with it. All I want is a simple storage site that lets me organize via folders without all this extra customization and "free flow" concept that all the new websites are doing- I basically want my hard-drive cascading folder set up online in an easy to share format. Shouldn't be that hard right? :roll:

I'll be testing drop box here on out, so we'll see how that goes.
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

CuriousKitty wrote:
dawn0621 wrote: I do that too, but the website is so slow and frustrating that I can't get pictures copied onto this site. I don't know another site to use, and I'm not very good at figuring it all out, and don't have much patience, so I just don't do anything.
I'm honestly thinking of moving to Drop Box, even though I'm not super familiar with it. All I want is a simple storage site that lets me organize via folders without all this extra customization and "free flow" concept that all the new websites are doing- I basically want my hard-drive cascading folder set up online in an easy to share format. Shouldn't be that hard right? :roll:

I'll be testing drop box here on out, so we'll see how that goes.
I didn't know what else I could use to post pics on here. And I guess I figured my stuff would be backed up if my computer crashed or something. Good luck with Dropbox.
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

I'm still here, but I am trying to go back to school. Therefore, I put my stitching down. It's gardening time so a lot of things take a back-seat for a bit. I did make mistake on the 'In the Garret' pattern, so I am ticked off with it right now. :x

I still browse the forums.

In the Garret
Marilyn Monroe
Silver Butterfly
Nimble stitch

Post by Nimble stitch »

Oh no I feel so guilty I've not been around for ages. Got to confess I did turn to Facebook groups but like many of you have said they are very impersonal and at times a bit too drama led. In fact only yesterday I took myself away from them as a started to think these really aren't for me. It was my hubby who said 'why not use the forum you used to enjoy it so much more' so I checked in and read this post what a coincidence. Glad to be back x x
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

I'm still here too just not posting much

Its been a crazy 6 months or so here, what with the fire, both my grandparents passing away and my partner grandfather passing away too.

we have also bee working hard on clearing my grandparents house and decorating it because my partner and I moved in to it 2 weeks ago.

it is still far from finished but now we are in we can do a bit more.

With all of that my stitchy bug is on a forced hiatus but Im still doing a bit where I can. I usually lurk here reading posts so i visit a lot, just dont post
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys