I got the comfortghans done

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

istitchwithlove

I got the comfortghans done

Post by istitchwithlove »

Well my life has been pretty miserable for the last few weeks because of my leg and my over bearing dominating mother. She thinks I am stupid and immature just because i went on a couple day hemorrhaging bender. I got my friend with accessories a new laptop...she wouldn't save very much to buy a good decent 1. So I did it for her.

See i am not allowed in any of her business but she feels she have a right all over mine just because i have no car, she pays for food and utitlites even tho i do give her what i can in rent, but she doesn't use it for any of the bills but puts it in my nephew's college fund so she don't have too so she can pay for things she wants. See she has as much of a shopping problem as I do but her's are in the 10 to 20 thousand dollar amounts on big tickit items she does not need...but yet I buy stuff for me and my friends because frankly my only family died on July 30th, 2010, 7 days after my 27th birthday. My mom is too nasty and judgemental to have any sort of relationship with even tho i have tried over the last 6.5 years. I finally told her yes my friends are more important cause they are my family, not nasty, judgemental or tell me to go or you said that 5 times now, or my personal fave i'm tired of having the same conversation with you.

My mom is no brain trust and about the only types of conversations i can have with her are money or craft project related. computers, history, project design, pokemon, wwe, lotr, star wars, etcs. those things that entertain me or interest me she says stop i can't even pretend to be interested. I am in no man's land here and have been since november 2010.....

That's my rant for the day but back to the ghans. Mom was harassing me I didn't have them done yet....I'm a serial starter and i have issues with finishing. But anyways after being harassed and needled about it I shipped them off yesterday and they will be in the UK on friday...And before anyone says well if you're unhappy leave. Well it is not that simple. I have two senior dogs so not getting privatily owned apts, moblie homes, or houses because no one around her allows pets and those two dogs are my children as my mental health medication dependency makes it impossible to carry to term..and apts around here require you make 3 times your rent in monthly income. with apartments ranging from 755 to over 2500 dollars in rent a month...and working in the restaurant industry making maybe 1100 if i am working both my jobs cause my calf caused my second job to put me on the injured list so i've only been working 18 hours a week at the other...

My leg is getting better everyday and i am up to working the dining room for more hours and more money to help pay the bills...anyways here are the afghans

Jame's Continuous Granny Square

Chloe's Corner to Corner Afghan

Rosie's Modern Granny Square
Current Projects
Ink Circles Celtic Quilts: Kentucky Chain
NEN Peacock Band Sampler
Soggy Toad Creations A Tale of Two Dolphins

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

kingfisher68(2)

Re: I got the comfortghans done

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

So sorry you have problems with your mum again. Had hoped when you started your jobs all would work out well for you.

The things you have made are pretty & so very useful. You have done well. Keep on with your crafts as you are good at making things & I hope they help you feel calmer while you are making them. Also hope the future looks brighter soon. :hug:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope that things get better at home and that you leg heals soon so you can get back to working your regular hours.
:applesauce: :applesauce: The afghans are lovely and will be most appreciated, I am sure.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

kingfisher68(2) wrote:So sorry you have problems with your mum again. Had hoped when you started your jobs all would work out well for you.

The things you have made are pretty & so very useful. You have done well. Keep on with your crafts as you are good at making things & I hope they help you feel calmer while you are making them. Also hope the future looks brighter soon. :hug:

She's a bully plain and simple. I hope Ihop hurries up and gets me back on the schedule
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote:Hope that things get better at home and that you leg heals soon so you can get back to working your regular hours.
:applesauce: :applesauce: The afghans are lovely and will be most appreciated, I am sure.

Carole

I hope the kiddo's like their blankets. They are 2 6 year olds and a 3 year old.. all 3 disabled
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote:Hope that things get better at home and that you leg heals soon so you can get back to working your regular hours.

Carole
I agree!!! The afghans are beautiful!! I definitely would love to try crocheting a corner to corner one sometime!! They always look so pretty!! Is it very difficult??
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

poppy

Post by poppy »

istitchwithlove wrote:I hope the kiddo's like their blankets.
The afghans are beautiful! I love the colours, you chose. I am sure that they will give the children warmth and comfort. They will be also so excited that they came from the US.
It made me consider making a corner to corner blanket, they are so cool. :D

Sending lots of good vibes your way for things to get better :hug:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wonderful afghans, and for such a good purpose. Great colours, too. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Great Afghans the children will love them :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
istitchwithlove

karen4bells wrote:

Carole
I agree!!! The afghans are beautiful!! I definitely would love to try crocheting a corner to corner one sometime!! They always look so pretty!! Is it very difficult??

no they are not difficult once you get going. I use red heart's pattern
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

poppy wrote:
istitchwithlove wrote:I hope the kiddo's like their blankets.
The afghans are beautiful! I love the colours, you chose. I am sure that they will give the children warmth and comfort. They will be also so excited that they came from the US.
It made me consider making a corner to corner blanket, they are so cool. :D

Sending lots of good vibes your way for things to get better :hug:
Things will get better once I start working more hours again
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Serinde wrote:Wonderful afghans, and for such a good purpose. Great colours, too. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Thank you
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Lulu22 wrote:Great Afghans the children will love them :applesauce:

I hope so
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

I am sure the little ones will be over the moon with the afghans. It is great you are giving them to disabled children, these will mean so much to them :D :applesauce:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
istitchwithlove

kingfisher68(2) wrote:I am sure the little ones will be over the moon with the afghans. It is great you are giving them to disabled children, these will mean so much to them :D :applesauce:

I will find out tomorrow if they like them or not. Tomorrow is when they are guaranteed to be delivered or I get my money back.
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN