Trebizond Thread

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fabricluver

Trebizond Thread

Post by fabricluver »

I have just finished a sampler where I used 3 colors of Trebizond thread (silk). Does anyone have experience with washing this? I will try testing it first to be sure it doesn't bleed but I don't want the crinkled look to go away either. I know to press gently on the back but would love to hear of someone else's experience.

Thanks,
Susan
Serinde

Re: Trebizond Thread

Post by Serinde »

My initial thought was 'does it really need to be washed?'. Silk will wash well, of course, although I don't think I would agitate it in any way. Make up your solution and lay the piece on top of it to soak through.

As to colourfastness, well, your intention to test some leftover threads is a good one. I've never used strong colours in this thread.
fabricluver

Post by fabricluver »

While I don't think it needs to be washed as I see nothing on it and used a roll up frame I usually do have lotion on my hands. I would hate to have it framed and then see marks come up later. One color is very dark and the others I would say are medium. It finally occurred to me that when I test wash the thread that should also tell me if they will keep their crinkled look.

It has beads in it so it won't be agitated, just soaked, if the threads test out ok.

Thanks for your reply.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

If you have leftover thread,stitch a small square on a fabric scrap then wash it.That way you will know how it reacts to washing
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"