Old fashioned grid paper or overlay

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

DisneyStitcher

Old fashioned grid paper or overlay

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Does anyone have a source for the old school grid paper you used to be able to get if you were doing your own cross stitch design, it looked like graph paper, but was set as 11, 14, 18, or 22 squares per inch? Or if not the actual paper, what about the pre-printed overhead projector sheets that you could lay down on top of a design? I know the computer programs will do this, but I would like to be able to carry it around an work on stuff without having to have a computer or access to electricity. I liked having the paper be the actual size of the fabric count instead of having to visualize size and keep scale in my head.

I have to admit I haven't done much of a search and I'll be plenty embarrassed if this is easily attainable, but, it's midnight here and the crazy is flowing.
Serinde

Re: Old fashioned grid paper or overlay

Post by Serinde »

Not crazy. If you can do it with a computer program, that means you can print it out, right? Why not make a series of sheets to your spec, then print on paper or (if your printer will do it) film? (or I could be missing something important, of course)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I "googled" cross stitch graph paper and this is one website Printable Paper came up. No prices so might be free. I didn't check. There were quite a few to pick from. Tried a few of my usual supplier websites and nothing came up. Printing your own and making copies of the sizes you want is probably the easiest way to go.

And nothing cross stitch is ever crazy as far as I am concerned. At times we might be eccentric but never crazy :tizzy:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Serinde wrote:Not crazy. If you can do it with a computer program, that means you can print it out, right? Why not make a series of sheets to your spec, then print on paper or (if your printer will do it) film? (or I could be missing something important, of course)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to go in and play with it. I just had to go over to a Mac from a PC and I wasn't all that proficient with PC Stitch to start with. I've got to get over the learning curve for Mac Stitch now. I remember buying the paper back in the 80s and I thought is was to actual scale. What I've been able to do so far is print the right number of blocks per square, but not to actual size. I'm sure it's doable - I'm just THAT lazy.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

rcperryls wrote:I "googled" cross stitch graph paper and this is one website Printable Paper came up. No prices so might be free. I didn't check. There were quite a few to pick from. Tried a few of my usual supplier websites and nothing came up. Printing your own and making copies of the sizes you want is probably the easiest way to go.

And nothing cross stitch is ever crazy as far as I am concerned. At times we might be eccentric but never crazy :tizzy:

Carole
:dance:
Thanks for the link!! I've got it bookmarked. It is free to download, but it says it isn't to scale. I'm going to download a page and see if it's the same thing as printing from Mac Stitch at home. I'm a little embarrassed that it came up that quick - but I did say it was midnight..... :lol: