Cinderella Castle finally framed!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

DisneyStitcher

Cinderella Castle finally framed!

Post by DisneyStitcher »

[*Image

As many of you know, I came to the forum searching for Mickey and the Fireman. In the meantime, my daughter graduated college and did the Disney college internship program. She came back with a matte board signed by many Disney characters and a plea for me to "cross stitch something for the middle." I happened to have a very old (circa 1989) kit featuring Cinderella's castle and an old Leisure Arts booklet with a Sorcerer Mickey. I did both but everyone agreed the castle looked better. For her recent birthday we finally had it framed. I'm sorry the picture is such poor color quality, if she can get me a better one, I'll repost. The frame is actually a lovely, medium blue and not the grayish cast the photo seems to show as is all the turret roofs - blues, not grays. I was so afraid the whole thing was going to look like a giant pinterest fail, but instead it really came out great. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I spent over 1 1/2 hours trying to find a frame at the frame shop and was really disappointed with everything - then the girl says "OH, wait!" and goes to an obscure corner in the shop and brings me the blue frame with the built in silver inner lining -- PERFECTION! I love it when something goes right. :wub:
rcperryls

Re: Cinderella Castle finally framed!

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: That is absolutely awesome!!! A fantastic way to showcase both the stitching and the autographs! Beautiful!!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

You had to know I wouldn't be able to resist commenting on this one. 8) What a fabulous idea to have the characters sign the mat. Your daughter is one smart cookie. Did she enjoy her college internship? I have several friends' kids that have done it. It seems that most of them either loved it or hated it.

Thank you sooo much for posting this picture. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
kevona

Post by kevona »

Perfect way to encapsulate a terrific memory.
Donna

Pull up a chair and grab a :tea:
http://kevonacrafts.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Thanks everyone! She promises to get me a better picture and I'll repost it when she does. AlwaysGoofy, yes after a bit of a rough start - she LOVED it. The only reason she didn't accept an offer to stay was because the boy was waiting for her at home. :roll: But - he's a great boy to keep around and I doubt she was going to be making enough money to support herself so I guess it all worked out in the end. :lol:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

What a fabulous idea. Great stitching and it looks wonderful with all the signatures. Well done :whoop:
Linda
poppy

Post by poppy »

What a brilliant idea and memento! Your daughter is very lucky.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That is absolutely perfect and what an heirloom it will become through the generations to come. Well Done. :lol: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: Absolutely beautiful!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

My oh my, that is just brilliant, fabulous with that frame. Well done on a great finish :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Roland

Post by Roland »

Fabulous! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: