Problem with Firefox Browser

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Problem with Firefox Browser

Post by wendywombat »

Just in case anyone is using Firefox browser. I had a message saying that this site was not secure!! I followed their link and was told to put https:// in front of the www. bit of the link. That didn't work either but I've managed to get on here using Chromium browser. My D/H says it's all to do with Firefox increasing their security! As if the Forum could cause problems! :roll:

I've also sent a P/M to Alex letting him know!

Of course if anyone IS on Firefox you won't be able to read this! :doh: but I did ignore the message once and logged in OK. :wink:

SO, it's NOT a problem with our beloved Site! :whoop:
rcperryls

Re: Problem with Firefox Browser

Post by rcperryls »

I did reply in the chatbox and will here also. It's either been fixed over at Firefox, or for some reason I'm not having a problem getting to this site. Did have the problem yesterday though, not getting here but trying to pay an invoice through Paypal (or with a credit card) to the cleaning service I use. I let them know, but was able to use Safari to pay the bills. Something to do with certificates. I imagine that Firefox got a lot of feedback if its happening to forums like ours!

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Apparently there is a big move on the net to triple the traffic in one fell swoop by migrating everything over to https. The [rough] way it works is that the server sends an encrypted packet to you, your machines encrypts that packet with your encryption and sends it back to the server. The server then removes the server encryption, sends it to you, where your machine then removes your encryption. Total effect, 3 packets sent where one used to do. Brilliant.

Works superbly to keep everything secure unless all three packets are intercepted. Then the observer simply overlays the packets to find the two sets of differences, and hey presto, they have the packet and both encryption keys.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:shock: Wow!! Thanks Richard...not sure my little grey cells understand all that, D/H tried to explain it to me as well. :lol:

Still using a different browser and have had a reply from Alex. No one else has had the problem yet, but I can still get on here with Chromium. :dance:
Rosheen

Post by Rosheen »

I use Firefow, but no problems here (yet) with this site. :x:
Love,
Hilde

=====================================================================