?what type of border

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Doreen

?what type of border

Post by Doreen »

Looking at starting HAED Tree of Life. I noticed that the border is not even. When the pattern is complete how can you frame it as part of the unsewn material will show. I do not want to stitch with black material. Has anyone attempted this and what did you do. Probably use 25 or 28 count.

Many thanks
rcperryls

Re: ?what type of border

Post by rcperryls »

Are you talking about the chart of Jen Delyth? or Marchetti? I'm assuming it is the Delyth which has an uneven border. I would think that it would be framed much like any project which does not cover all of a fabric. I don't think that the small amount of fabric showing would detract at all from that stunning design? If you used a white matting the white fabric would blend right in with it.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Doreen

Post by Doreen »

Thank you Carole yes I was talking about Tree of Life by Jen Delyth.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I hope you decide to stitch it, and post lots of updates! It is a beautiful design and one I think would be fun to stitch

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I don't have any suggestions other than to agree with Carole - not a lot of white fabric would show if you used a white mat. Or maybe if you can find a nice fabric that's the same/similar shade of light green/blue that and use a similar colored mat... ? But just wanted to say WOW. That is a gorgeous print, I went to look it up. I was familiar with the Marchetti design, which is also gorgeous, but I love the blues and greens of the one you've chosen.
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I'd stitch it on a coloured fabric.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

There a few different ways to handle that. If *I* were doing it, I'd stitch it on white fabric and leave a wide border of visible fabric around it. I wouldn't use mats on it. I'd use spacers to keep the glass off the stitching and let the white fabric be the 'border.' The uneven edge on the design is a part of the beauty of the piece, so I wouldn't try to hide it. Instead I'd accentuate it.

WIP