Multiple needles

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

motherof4

Multiple needles

Post by motherof4 »

For those of you who have multiple needles threaded, where do you keep them while they're needed. I can only sew on hoops but would like to use several needles already threaded.
rcperryls

Re: Multiple needles

Post by rcperryls »

There are a number of different floss organizers available for threaded needles. I have never used the Pako Needle Organizer, but I think we have some members who do. I developed a system for myself which started out simply enough but it really can be cumbersome if you stitch a lot of projects with a lot of different colors. When I use a thread I put it in one of the empty compartments of a plastic floss caddy organizer. Wasn't too bad when I stitched one project at a time and usually stitched projects that were smaller than the ones I stitch now. One of those things that started out small and then grew more than I expected. I'd probably try one of the Pako organizers if I was starting now. I hate threading needles. I'm sure that others have developed some systems that are more manageable than what I use. :oops:

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
motherof4

Post by motherof4 »

Thank you
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I use magnets. I have magnet strips across the top and bottom of my work (I use scroll frames) and I have round magnets placed strategically around the work so no matter where I need to 'park' a needle, I have a magnet nearby.
I know this looks a bit chaotic, but if you focus on where the actual stitches are being put in, you see that nothing is in the way.

WIP
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I tape off a scrap length of aida and put the needles in rows on that. I assign each symbol on the legend a number (generally the first symbol listed is #1 and go on down from there) and keep the needles in order across the aida. I use a decorative pin, usually a pink or yellow flower head pin, and put one in the fabric after every 10th needle to make counting easy if it's a large project. When I'm done stitching, I just fold it up and stick it in the bag. Very little bulk and cuts down on thread waste. It must be noted that I don't park and I don't leave needles in my work ever. I always run the ends under a few stitches and clip when I'm quitting that particular color - so I only ever have one needle off the line at a time. It works for me, anyway.

Happy Stitching!
motherof4

Post by motherof4 »

Thank you