Life gets in the way!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

PattyMac

Life gets in the way!

Post by PattyMac »

...Of my stitching!

I get home at 6pm and after dinner and "chores" there's no time to stitch 'cause I get up at 5!!

If I try to stitch a little before bed I end up staying up way too late....

I make good progress on the weekends but nothing else gets done...*sigh*.....

I just want to stitch.....all the time...... :tizzy:
- Pat
isaacson72

Re: Life gets in the way!

Post by isaacson72 »

I swear I typed that myself! :lol:

I also get up early (5:30). I get home from work around 5pm, later if I have to pick my son up from some after-school activity - which is about 4 times a week. Then cooking dinner, cleaning up, walking the dog. By the time I sit down to work on stitching it's 7pm or later, and my eyes are toast. Some nights I can't stitch at all because my eyes burn so badly I can hardly see!

Then on the weekends is laundry, cleaning, running errands, etc. - it never ends.

But I love it so much. It is so relaxing, it calms my nerves.
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I guess the grass IS always greener.... I used to joke to my husband when he wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas or Birthday that I wanted a 3 day weekend in a hotel where I could sew/stitch with no interruptions. I was always at schools volunteering, sporting events every weekend, a grandmother to take care of, and the usual household rigamarole of shopping/cleaning/cooking/etc. Now the kid is an adult, my parents don't quite need help yet, and some days there is too much time on my hands. Enjoy the chaos -- you're "flowing" right now, there's an "ebb" coming and it will seem to come so quickly.
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

True. My son is in high school (9th grade), and I know I have limited time with him home. I do enjoy the time I spend with him. Even being a taxi... either it's one-on-one time with him, where he actually speaks to me about his daily life, or a car full of teenagers that I can eavesdrop on, I enjoy it all. The housework I could do without, though!
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

The different stages (or decades) of our lives bring their own restrictions and then comes the time when we sit there and wonder "what shall I do today?" It will happen Patty, not always when you want it too. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262