How much time ?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

isaminou

How much time ?

Post by isaminou »

I spend about 2 hours stitching every day, unless it's an unbusy Sunday, when I can do a little more of those stitches... When I see some of your projects, progressing so quickly, I am curious about the time you spend on it ! So, how much time are you working on your projects ?
Work in progress:

HAED Candied apples and candy corn
kevona

Re: How much time ?

Post by kevona »

Hi I'm new here so haven't done very large projects. I usually spend a couple of hours whilst watching tv a week. For the project I posted about on the your biggest project post I spent about 86hrs in one week to get it finished ( it was half term and that is all I did all week). So I probably spent about 120 hrs on it in total. But I don't really time projects.

Donna
Donna

Pull up a chair and grab a :tea:
http://kevonacrafts.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Maybe 3 hours a day, mostly in the evenings. Isn't enough... I need to understand that for commissions, it counts as "work", so I'm allowed to neglect the kitchen and other home-related chores, without guilt. Difficult, though. :roll:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

oooooh, Serinde, you have just made me realise that strictly speaking practically all my stitching is work, as they are mostly models for the website or trials for workshops etc - I may be neglecting some more housework from now on :-D

Seriously though, as Mabel's Fancies is a sideline and we do have a business to run to pay for the weekly groceries, I usually only get to stitch after dinner, which tends to be from 8pm onwards. But I don't always stitch all that time, it depends whether I am in a stitching mood; at the moment, still getting used to new glasses and with a bad cold, I'm doing well if I manage half an hour :-(

I also stitch at my embroidery group (Monday afternoons, term time only), which is 2 hours but what with unpacking, having tea and chatting, not all of that tends to be spent stitching...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I usually manage 1 to 1.5 hrs a night. That can mean between 80 and 150 stitches depending on confetti levels. I also average around 40,000 stitches a year, year in, year out, so a long term average of 109 stitches a day.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

I'm on the lazier side. With my store being short staffed, having the energy to sit and stitch is a rare thing to find- I get to it maybe once every two weeks recently. =(
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I work full time and have a busy teenager and a lab, so I don't spend nearly as much time as I want to stitching. If I'm lucky, on a weeknight evening I will get in about 30 minutes. Sometimes longer. The problem is I have a desk job so I'm looking at a computer all day, then texting various people throughout the day, and by the time I'm done driving the kid around, dealing with dinner, dishes & the dog, my eyes are tired.

But weekends! Ok sadly not much time there either, maybe an hour a day. Someday I will retire and I can do this for hours at a time, whenever I feel like it. :)

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I work full time so I only manage to stitch 2 - 2.5 hours per day. I wish I could stitch all day :) sometimes if I've nearly finished a page I will stay up late to finish it.
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'm retired and have plenty of time to stitch, depending on what else is going on during the day. I probably stitch between 1 and 5 or 6 hours during the day. Also depends on the weather. More stitching on very hot and humid days (inside with air conditioning) and cold nasty days (inside with the heat on and a warm cat curled up on my lap). Probably averages out to 2-3 hours or maybe a little more. Also depends on how much time I spend on the computer :oops:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

I always have great intentions to get at least three or four hours in a day, but lately that hasn't happened. Between more hours at work lately and trying to plan a trip to Florida, and do taxes, and organize my stash, and trying to get back into the gym habit, I just haven't had as much time for stitching.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
curly sue

Post by curly sue »

I usually stitch 2-3 hours in the evening with the tv on. I'm retired and have some health issues, so some evenings I'm not really up to stitching. I only do one project at a time unless something special comes up. I also rotate in a crochet project now and then.
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

I usually stitch between 2 & 3 hours in the evening. Sometimes if it's an easy bit I am on will do a few minutes late afternoon before I need to get our evening meal. Although I retired 8 years ago & have more time than many others, I cannot seem to concentrate enough to stitch properly in the morning or early afternoon, that's when I knit. I know stitching does make me relaxed but for some reason or other, later in the day is 'my time' for stitching or else I make a hash of it, then I get annoyed with myself & that's not good as stitching is a hobby to be enjoyed!
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages