posting a picture

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Doreen

posting a picture

Post by Doreen »

I everyone I have been trying for weeks to post a picture :( I have tried photo bucket and there are no links stating img earlier posts explaining to press the link that link but unable to find it I would love to send you some photos of my work. It will encourage me to continue if I have a deadline perhaps once a month to send a picture. I really need an idiots guide I am sure its easy once you know what to do.

Many Thanks

Doreen
Mabel Figworthy

Re: posting a picture

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hi Doreen, I use PhotoBucket myself, so I've just opened it in another tab and will post a picture here and describe every step - hopefully it will work the same for you!

step 1: Open your Bucket

step 2: Click on the picture you want to share

step 3: next to the picture there should be three options: Direct, IMG and IMG Thumb. The first is a link to the picture, the second shows the picture at its full size in the forum post, the third makes it into a clickable thumbnail.

Depending on your settings, when you click inside one of these three boxes it may go yellow and say "Copied" - in that case, go to your post on the Forum and paste this code. If it doesn't copy automatically, click inside the box you want and select the entire content, then copy (CTRL + C), then go to your post and paste.

Option one looks like this:
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u56 ... 93q4x6.jpg" target="_blank

Option two looks like this:

And option three looks like this:

Hope that helps!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Have you seen this thread on Posting a Picture into a Thread? A lot of members have been having problems with Photobucket and have switched to Flickr or other photo hosting sites. I haven't had many problems . When you are looking at the photos in an album or in your library, there is a page of photos shown. Under each photo is 6 link. Copy the IMG link to insert a full photo or the IMGthumb link for a smaller version and then simply paste the link into your post. The picture should appear. Clicking on the photo should take the reader to the photobucket site. Hope this helps. Hope it makes sense.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Here is a screenshot of what the boxes look like:

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Those boxes work as long as you have Adobe Flash working. For some reason photobucket won't let me click on that option on my own library so I have to use the page with lots of photos. Very annoying and I emailed them about it but they didn't seem to understand my question. Not a big deal, but it is peculiar. And I have too many photos linked to this forum and the HAED BB to want to change. :doh:
Glad you thought of a screen shot, Mabel. Much easier than trying to explain it with words.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Oh, I see - you can also do it from the page that shows all the pictures together! I didn't know that, thanks.

When you hover over the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner you get several options, one of them "Share" and when you click that you get the options I described above - but I don't know whether that depends on Flash too!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thanks Mabel I will try that. I also might have done something since I love to play with settings and preferences and have been known to mess things up and then have to figure out how to get back to where I was.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat