Please explain forum icons...

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

PattyMac

Please explain forum icons...

Post by PattyMac »

I looked but could not find the explanation of the icons next to posts. They all look like lined paper with various marks on them. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to feel silly when I find out. :?
- Pat
rcperryls

Re: Please explain forum icons...

Post by rcperryls »

Well, I asked the same question when I joined the forum, though the format was different and I think the icons were also. I can't remember how it looked, but I know that I had a hard time figuring some of them out. If the sheet is green with gray lines that means that you haven't read the latest post in the thread. If the sheet is white you have read all the latest posts. A checkmark in a red (orange?) circle means that you have posted a reply to the thread author's latest comment. The light gray horizontal arrow which is in front of the subject line (only seen with the green sheet) will take you to the first post that you have not yet read. Clicking on this is really helpful for threads that have a lot of pages.
The red ribbon on the top left corner of a sheet lets you know that the thread has a "sticker" that one of us mods has put on it. These threads stay at the top of the list of threads in their original sections. I think that covers them. And if I got some of them mixed up, which is always a possibility, someone step in and correct it please.

A very useful thread is our Glossary. I still refer back to it. What I found most useful is the explanation of idioms, slang and abbreviations which I had never heard before since my stitching had pretty much been in isolation. The whole Tips and Techniques section is great also.

And there is no such thing as a silly question. If there were I think several of us could compete for the prize of most asked.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker