OT - dogs escape!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68

OT - dogs escape!

Post by kingfisher68 »

Went to hairdresser's & DH couldn't pull into parking area in front of the small row of shops as builders lorry blocking it. Dropped me off & once in hairdresser's mentioned it to her as they are getting fed up with people blocking drive in bit. My hairdresser looked out & called across the room to her daughter who was about to start other lady's hair when we saw this flash of white - it was a boxer dog.

Hairdresser & her daughter went out & dog decided to try & cross the road! The shops are a few feet from traffic lights at small cross roads junction. One of the turnings into the main through road we were on is a blind turning from one direction, albeit a short road to the junction, & although just after rush hour still a bit of traffic about. Dog got halfway across the road & walked back towards the before it trundle off again. As her daughter was checking the dogs progress & wondering how she could catch it as no collar & concerned about did it bite? My hairdresser went into the barbers 2 shops along & made enquiries. Turned out the owner of builder's lorry was in there having haircut & he always leaves his dogs in lorry cab. He'd left cab window open & for some unknown reason his dog decides to get out the window!! He's had the dog 4 years & it's not done that before. Owner called dog & thankfully it came back immediately. The owner was surprised the dog had not followed him & gone towards the barbers but headed straight for the road. The truck driver is going to make sure window lock is on & that only a small amount of it is to be left open so dog cannot get through again.

Just shows how quickly an ordinary occurrence can turn into something bigger. A happy ending which pleased everyone & then we went back to normal day. Luckily neither other lady or myself had wet hair while this was going on & dog owner went & had rest of his hair cut.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
vanessanjf

Re: OT - dogs escape!

Post by vanessanjf »

So glad to hear this had a happy ending! :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Squirrel

Re: OT - dogs escape!

Post by Squirrel »

Phew thank goodness it was an obedient dog. Good on you for going looking for the owner. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262