Getting back to my projects

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Tyledres

Getting back to my projects

Post by Tyledres »

For awhile I feel like I was doing a good bit of stitching but than life happened. Went on a short vacation, got sick with pneumonia and had two hospital stays, had to drop out of school for the semester, than when things were starting to look better I got shingles around my left eye. So... been sick, miserable, and not doing any stitching. Now I can't seem to work up any motivation for my projects.

I don't plan to jump into my haed right away but that leaves me wondering what to do. Procrastinator that I am I've been playing video games and doing nail art instead. I'm hoping that checking back into this forum and seeing everyone else's love for this craft will inspire me to start back up :x:
rcperryls

Re: Getting back to my projects

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry to hear about the health problems you have had and hope that is behind you. Seeing what others are stitching is a good way to get motivated. And starting on a smaller project than your HAED probably is also a good idea. Post lots of pictures and we'll be encouraging you on!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

very sorry to hear you've been so poorly & hope things will be better for you in the coming months, Also hope you get your stitchy bug back. Perhaps seeing what others have done on here & also what they've bought will give you the inspiration you need to get started again. Sending hugs :hug: :hug:

In the meantime take care :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Crikey, you've had a rough time! :hug: Don't rush it -- sometimes you have to sneak up on your stitchy bug from behind... :ribbit:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

You've been having quite a time of it, haven't you! If you think the stitching bug could do with a bit of encouraging, why not try a teeny weeny project that you really enjoy looking at?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

What a time you've had; I'm glad you're on the mend. I agree with the others - try a small design, maybe an ornament of some kind.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

Oh my gosh, that sounds like a really rough time. I'm glad you're on the mend!
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Life sure hit you with some major problems that is for sure but good to know you are on the mend. I can well imagine that picking up the HAED again now is too big a step but maybe if you have or can find in a shop somewhere a little ornament or other small motif it might just start up your stitchy bug again.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Brody0

Post by Brody0 »

I came to this forum tonight for the same reason. Need some inspiration! I failed to complete a Christmas project this year-- ran out of time and had to go with a store-bought gift ;) -- and now I'm having trouble picking up that project again. It just feels like I now I have *forever* to finish! But there are a couple projects waiting in the wings behind it, so I'd better get going.

Hope you also find your inspiration!