Not having a great time

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MrsMoV

Not having a great time

Post by MrsMoV »

Hello stitching friends

I have not posted for a while so I just want to say Happy New Year and I hope you all had wonderful festive time.

Bad things first .... I have been very ill and have ended up leaving uni for a time. My kitchen flooded after a pipe went. It's taken that long to dry out that work can only start fitting new kitchen tomorrow. 7 weeks with no kitchen, dining room and living room has taken its toll.

Positives .... I got a deluxe stitching lamp with loads of attachments on for my Yule gift from my hubby. It's from the Daylight company and I just love it.
I also got my things together for my first HAED which I have made a little start on.
I am getting better and with this time off it has given me time to reflect. I realised that I missed my nursing so I'm making plans to go back.

I will post the pictures up very soon of my latest stitching soon.

Hope your all well

MM x
WIP - Dachshund
WIP - HAED The Zodiac 1.
UFO - Dimensions Eagles Eye View
wendywombat

Re: Not having a great time

Post by wendywombat »

:hug: :hug:
Oh My!! You've certainly been put through the mill haven't you!! :doh: :doh: I hope that the New Year...and the New kitchen/living area is completed ASAP!!
Not easy being ill and then have a Major Catastrophe in the house!! :tizzy:

Your new all singing-all dancing New Lamp sounds wonderful and I hope that getting some Quality Crafting time helps you along.

Good to see you back again though and do pop in when you can for some Cheerful Company and Encouragement! :coffee: :tea: :wine:
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Sorry to hear of your dilemmas & do hope thing will progress more smoothly now. Look forward to seeing your stitching when you have tie ot post it. Take care :hug:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is so good to hear from you again. I am very sorry to hear what you've been through and am very glad to hear that you and your kitchen are on the way to a complete recovery! What a wonderful gift to help speed you on your way! Looking forward to seeing your stitching. And definitely wishing you a Happy New Year. I think you've earned it!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Goodness me what a lot to cope with, I am glad you are feeling better and it sounds as though life is getting better for you, a very Happy New Year an I'm looking forward to seeing your new project. :)
Take Care :hug:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

So sorry you have had so many problems and I do hope that now things will go much smoother for you!! Looking forward to seeing your progress pics soon
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

AngieR

Post by AngieR »

On the bright side you get to remodel you kitchen. :whoop: Praying for you.
Angie

Wips
Colorful Rose (Happy Forever) started May 20th 2016
the eagles wings 3 (Happy Forever) started May 27th 2016
Unicorn Garden (Happy Forever) Jan. 6, 2017
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I guess 2016 will go down as a not very good year ending to it but thank goodness things and your health are now on the improve.
What a thoughtful husband you have and I am sure the lamp etc will be put to good use. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Golly, you've had a rough time. New kitchen will help with general outlook, and also, I hope, with your priceless health. What a lovely present from your DH! A way to a stitcher's heart is through useful equipment (I have a Daylight lamp I swear by, too).
Nickbire95

Post by Nickbire95 »

You are so nice. Thank you :tantrum: