THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR!!

Post by wendywombat »

It's the end of 2017...soon those on the 'other side of the World' will be shooting off fireworks and champagne corks! :toast: :balloons:

So what will we be doing in 2018?
2017 wasn't too good for me, so I'm hoping for a better year to come!

Me, I'll be sorting out my Dad and selling his house, getting over this nasty cold.........

....and STITCHING getting all my WIP's finished :x: and taking things easy!! :lol:

Hope y'all have a Good New Year Celebration 'Down Under' and as Midnight creeps towards us in the Western hemisphere we'll be celebrating too! :whoop: :whoop:
Last edited by wendywombat on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsMoV

Re: THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR!!

Post by MrsMoV »

Hello and Happy New year
It has been a while since I posted as a lot has happened this year and for one I am glad 2018 is around the corner.
Today I shall be just resting and relaxing and I will be doing some stitching and some knitting.
Here is to a very blessed and wonderful 2018 to you all

Hugs
Mrs MoV
WIP - Dachshund
WIP - HAED The Zodiac 1.
UFO - Dimensions Eagles Eye View
poppy

Post by poppy »

Happy New Year!

Sending healing vibes to you, Wendy, for your cold to go away and strength and patience with your Dad and the sell of the house.
Also, wishing you lots of relaxing hours, stitching and sharing your photos on here.

Mrs MoV, your plans for today sound perfect to me. Looking forward to reading about what you are stitching and knitting.

In 2018, I would love to stitch and have some relaxing time on here every day.

Happy new Year to everyone on here. Thank you for making this forum so special!
Last edited by poppy on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hope you get rid of colds Wendy & your father's business can be sorted without too much hassle this year.

Hope everyone has a great New Year without any accidents, enjoy the parties. I do Hope & Pray that 2018 can be the year when the world knows more peace. There is so much animosity & such hateful acts in 2017.

Can we all join hands for a Forum Prayer that the wold knows peace & friendship between all its inhabitants as we have on this forum or is that going to far. DH says I never know when to stop & often go OTT. Sorry :oops: Years ago I never said boo to a goose would you believe!

This planet is such a wonderful, magnificent & beautiful place & we see more & more hateful atrocities as weeks go by. We should be seeing more good things in the world.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
poppy

Post by poppy »

kingfisher68(2) wrote: Can we all join hands for a Forum Prayer that the wold knows peace & friendship between all its inhabitants as we have on this forum
I have got your hand, Izzi :)
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Thanks Poppy :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It's New Year in Sydney as I saw the fireworks on the news this morning. I also hope and pray that 2018 will be a more peaceful, calmer and safer world for all of us. And a healthy year also. Happy New Year everyone!!! :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

So long to 2017--it's been a strange year filled with a lot of tragic events throughout the world!!
Hoping that 2018 will be a much much better year!!! :x: :sun:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

2017 was pretty lousy. FIL's depression came to a head, and my step mother was diagnosed and died from a brain tumour. In addition to the big things, the central heating has been a problem, and I was up this morning from 12.30am to 1.15am trying to discover the location of an electrical fault that was causing the house RCD to pop. I had to remove a double socket, disconnect all the out buildings and go through the fuse box one at a time to narrow it down to the kitchen ring main. Then at a godly hour this morning I disconnected each socket and inspected it. The problem may have been a spider's web inside the wall box that drooped down to touch a live conductor. This is just one of many similar niggles.

With any luck 2018 won't be so bad.

Some hope...

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Keep hoping Richard, and remember the little good things that must have been there in between the big difficult things (not trying to sound all Pollyanna-ish, but I've found that to be the case almost always - and the almost is there only to be on the safe side).

Still coming to terms with being an orphan after nearly two years, and it still hits me sometimes, we've had to say goodbye to several friends this year and FIL is getting very frail, BUT eldest has become engaged to a lovely girl, we are mostly in quite good health, we have a lovely church family in this village and all in all life is good.

May only good things come your way in 2018 - and if bad things do come, may you find strength and comfort to get through them, surrounded by loved ones.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on this wonderful forum. 2017 has been a difficult year with husbands health but hopefully we are over the worst. All the best for 2018 and lots of stitching. :dance: :balloons: :wine: :hug:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

:mexicanwave: :wine: :mexicanwave: :toast: :balloons: :partyhat: :partyhat: :grouphug:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all from Canada. Watched the fireworks from downunder. There are supposed to be outdoor celebrations in Ottawa, Niagara Falls, and here in Hamilton, but I can't see it. The wind chills alone are -20--27 . This damn artic vortex is vexing to say the least. Hopefully I will find my stitchy bug in the new year, until then I will continue to knit (almost done this sweater) and crochet, (have yarn for another sweater). Party on people.
Linda
agi

Post by agi »

Happy New Year!

My 2017 was not very good, although my health is much better than a year ago, but my Stephen has had a tough time, and it does not look much better for the next year either.
Work was not so good either but there is hope it will be better from now on.
Well, there is not much to do just keep going, is there?
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. :grouphug:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A HAPPY and BLESSED NEW YEAR to ALL MY FRIENDS on here. May 2018 bring us all good health, as much stitching time as we want, the enjoyment of it and the peace "which passes all understanding" in our efforts.

I join with you Kingfisher in praying for peace in all its forms. If terrors intrude overwork or things go wrong remember there is light to be found and go smell the roses.
:wub: :pray: :rainbow: :balloons:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

hear hear Sally - beautifully said!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Mabel,
Thanks for the thoughts. I think both Tracy & I had mild depression last year triggered by the big events, but it tended to exaggerate the small problems, and it was difficult to even notice the small pleasures. I hope, and think, we're over it now. We seem to have a great deal more energy & va-va-voom than earlier last year, so things are looking up a bit.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation