2017 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: 2017 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

:mexicanwave: :toast: :balloons: :horn: :balloons:

You must be over the :rainbow: after hearing this news! :dance:

To be in a job that you enjoy means so much more than riches I think! ....and to have him near home too! :D

:shamrock: Good Luck No. 2 Son! :horse: :snoopy: :alex: :kitty: :puppy: :bunny: :chicken: :toast:
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

All the best to the son who found that lovely job! I am happy for him and everyone involved.
*turns serious*
I am sorry for everyone who knew Coolpenguin. This must be hard time for them. (*hopes that got the point right*)

Now...I think I take one hot chocolate and some of that lovely buttermilk cake. The salmon soup was excellent, but I am not going to say no for the dessert. (IRL I just ate some salmon soup, and now I feel like I'd explode.)
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

ARGH!! Must buy Rich Red seed beads. Have petites, and have used them in Firebird, but suspect tail would look better with Rich Red rather than Ruby! :tizzy: :tizzy:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Decisions decisions! Eh! Sit back and have a nice :coffee: and a piece of my Gingerbread...it's got lots of ginger and will help clear your thoughts! :wink:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Gingerbread and :coffee: very restorative. And helpful with decision-making: I've just ordered the beads... as you do. Also a bit of hardanger and some Treasure PB braid. Again, looked interesting... :oops: :D

WW, I've been thinking about you all week, what with the "news" and all. As a young friend said when she was a child, "Is mess. Oh dear, oh dear."
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:? It's very worrying but we are trying to be positive! The main effect so far is the fluctuating exchange rate as our pensions are UK based. What will happen about everything else ...well, we just have to wait and see :roll:

Thanks for your thoughts ...I could feel them coming through the airwaves! :hug:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's Friday night and I need a :wine: . Had to order yet another pack of beads! (Should have counted how many I'd need, I guess, sigh). I'm thinking of setting up a quiet corner of St Cross Stitchers for those who have temporarily had enough of "news". Or perhaps I'll just have another :wine: or :choc: or :cake: ... 8)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I'll join you. I've had a tough week too! It culminated though in something of a success. :D
Daughter had to get new passport to come out here next weekend. Complicated by having to change her name on the passport. So she went down to the passport office and did it in person. All documents correct, paid extra to get it sent quickly. It arrived today..........
STILL IN HER PREVIOUS NAME!
They said it would take 2 weeks to sort out and she would have to make her claim in writing! Plus pay another fee!!!

But Mum to the rescue! I got hold of the airline and had her ticket changed to her previous name as the ticket was in her new name. :whoop:
One up for Mum's eh?

If you can't depend on the passport agency to get it right, just ask your Mum! :lol:
So :toast: :wine: and small celebration.

The rest of the week's problems will get sorted sometime.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Or Dads. A dad I know (not related, thank goodness) rescued his son's university degree (!!) by a careful reading of the university's rubrics. Et, voila! A :toast: to all rescuers! :king:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well Done Wendy. :mexicanwave:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Good thinking Wendy!! I'm glad you didn't have trouble changing the name on the ticket. Bad enough that they made the mistake in the first place, but that you have to pay again is totally ridiculous. And there really isn't much else you can do about it, since it isn't like you can go to a competitor.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Terrible mess! I am glad you were able to save the day. :whoop:
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Whew! jobs done for the day, including writing a reference. (always nerve wracking). :tea: :cake: for me, I think. :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Jobs done, AND an award won - you deserve as much cake/other sweets/savoury treats as you want!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Glad all sorted & hope you enjoyed some R&R in here with a few :toast: to help you unwind :)
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Drinks and nibbles for everyone - I got offered an extra workshop for the Ally Pally K&S Show today, making a total of four :dance: :dance: That should cover the cost of my own goldwork day class and something left over for a couple of good lunches :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: and I bet your workshops sell out quickly! I know I would go if I didn't have quite so far to travel!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Wish I could be there too. ....super news though! Well done :dance:

I deserve a :wine: I've been on Grandma duties All Day whilst D/H took daughter and grandson to the Cité d'Espace at Toulouse for his birthday treat. So I made cakes and cookies with the 2 girls as well as tea for all when they got back. Shattered :tizzy:
But fun :D
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

You certainly deserve a few drinks after all the hard work you did Wendy but glad you enjoyed the day & your DH, DD & GS had a good time too. drinks all round again for the evening I guess. :toast: :toast:

How wonderful you have more work Mabel. Great your expenses for gold work tuition & meals will be covered by the extra income, well done :applesauce: :toast:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
agi

Post by agi »

I thought I would pop in and invite everyone for a drink... it is 7 years ago today that Stephen and I first met in person.
Those who knew me back then might remember that my life turned upside down a few times since I started here, but meeting Stephen was definitely the best of it all. :wub:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog